Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
261 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos posted on Sat, Feb 27 2021 8:30 AM

Hello all,

I have bought a second hand beosystem 4 about 2 months ago and I am looking for a screen to pair it with. Currently I use a beoplay v1 as a screen but I want to go for something bigger. I am thinking for an LG screen since it is compatible with the beoliving intelligence.

Has anyone had any experience with the WX series and a beosystem 4?

Has anyone had any experience with the GX series and a beosystem 4?

I am thinking about these two series because of their slim size.

Is there a cable that can connect the WX screen to the beosystem 4 directly (without using the sound bar that contains all the electronics).

In case I go for the GX I would like to pair it with a beosound stage as a center speaker, any experience on this?

Too many questions guys....I hope to some answers :-)

Thanks

Tassos

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,721 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:25 PM

Just curious: In what way would the LG screens be "compatible with the beoliving intelligence"?

As Beosystem 4 to my knowledge do not handle 4K, I assume the main use would be to be able to connect Beolab speakers, right?

Regarding the WX screen, I´m quite sure you can only use the supplied ribbon cable, and you need that to connect to the LG electronics box/Soundbar. They have done is this way to enable a super flush installation.

Think GX is the way to go if you have a separate soundssystem. Stage is not built as a centre speaker and will not be an ideal solution.

Since you anyway have a Beosystem 4, I would rather buy a second life Beolab speaker as centre.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,721 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Mar 1 2021 1:25 PM

Just curious: In what way would the LG screens be "compatible with the beoliving intelligence"?

As Beosystem 4 to my knowledge do not handle 4K, I assume the main use would be to be able to connect Beolab speakers, right?

Regarding the WX screen, I´m quite sure you can only use the supplied ribbon cable, and you need that to connect to the LG electronics box/Soundbar. They have done is this way to enable a super flush installation.

Think GX is the way to go if you have a separate soundssystem. Stage is not built as a centre speaker and will not be an ideal solution.

Since you anyway have a Beosystem 4, I would rather buy a second life Beolab speaker as centre.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
261 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello,

I have just bought a gx and I think you are right. Gx would be a much betttmatch for the beosystem4. Right now I am using a v1 as a tv screen with my beosystem 4 but I will move this to the bedroom. My setup already has a pair of 18s a pair of 4000 a 7.1 and a 2.....planning to add a pair of 3s as soon as possible...Big Smile

At the bli page there is a driver for lg tvs which you can control almost as if they were b&o tvs
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
But what will you use for a centre channel?
OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
367 Posts
Gold Member

Sandyb:
But what will you use for a centre channel?

He mentioned 7.1

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,988 Posts
Bronze Member

@Tassos

Please tell us more, once you have it set up.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
261 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello to all,

I have received my GX 55 today and I am planning to install it in the weekend. Till then I think it would be useful to present the current setup and the GX setup (on a theoretical level).

My current setup is the following:

Beosystem 4 (as the brains of my tv viewing and home cinema) all stbs and speakers are connected to it.

Beoplay V1 as a screen for TV viewing. Oddly it is not the best combination as far as communication is concerned. I first thought that connecting the monitor control rj of the beosystem to the control rj of the V1 would provide the level of communication I was hoping for (turning V1 on when beosystem is on and off when beosystem is off). But I had no luck there, so I created a macro on my BLI which monitors the state of the beosystem and then sends the right command to the V1. The issue with this is that when you listen to a music source (from another product or the beosystem) the screen goes off after a while (the timeout choice you get at the setup menu) but the V1 turns totally off and to turn it back on you have to specifically turn it on. V1 is in option 4 so it does not interfere with the ir commands send to the beosystem and by specifically I mean I have to send a link command to it.

Beolab 18 front

beolab 2 sub

beolab 7.1 center

beolab 4000 rear (the goal is to add a pair of beolab 3 for rear and connect the 4000 as rear surround)

Epson 7200 Projector

Elite screen Projector screen

The difference of the new setup apart from the beolab 3 would be mainly the tv screen. The V1 will be swapped with the GX and in case I find it difficult to control it via ir (I have read in this forum that there are no ir codes for the LGs in the puc tables) there is always the BLI to solve this problem. The khimo team (thumbs up for them they do an excellent work) has made available a driver for the lg screens and if I recall correctly when I asked they told me that all TVs with webos are supported (but to be sure you better ask them). The control of the LGs is like controlling a B&O tv. Those who have a BLI can check it out.

Last but by no means least is that I would like in the new setup to stop using an ir blaster which controls my projector and substitute it with an rs 232 connection directly from the beosystem. If this is not feasible (I haven't started yet reading on how it can be done) then I would go for an ir emitter from the beosystem to the epson.

I strongly believe that the new setup will work without any issues, at least serious, since I have been reading and thinking and trying stuff for the last 3 years.

I will keep you posted. Smile

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
261 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Mar 12 2021 11:45 AM

Hello all,

I finally installed my gx and integrated it to my beolink system. Integration was straight forward although it was a bit tricky to find how the tv will accept ip commands when switched off. All macros work fine, even the most complicated ones (like the one which turn my tvs into doorbell screens). Music sources screen is great (you actually can't tell when the tv is on or offBig Smile). All in all I am very happy with it, integration works like a charm (thanks Khimo guys!!!!!), picture is grate, moreover it costed my around 3600 euros (I have paid 3400 back in 2012 for my V1) which I find very reasonable for the quality and possibilities this "marriage" has. Next stop is beolab 3s as rears in order to get to 7.1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL