Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Emerge

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 142 Replies | 1 Follower

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
639 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Wed, Feb 24 2021 8:48 AM

Hi, does anybody have infos about the future Beosound Emerge?

https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-Emerge

All Replies

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
BT is crap.

I don’t want an gva model.
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,681 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 2:16 PM
Emerge vs M3

Thanks to the B&O Experience app
tobeyone
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Founder

EgonOlsen:
BT is crap.

I don’t want an gva model.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Miki is saying you can use BT to set up the pairing if you can't use GVA, not use BT for music........

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
798 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 3:12 PM

About TuneIn.  I could not find any TuneIn station not supported by B&O Radio.  I checked about 25, even though I listen to, at most, 10.  I also found stations on B&O Radio not on TuneIn.  As mentioned above, you can still get TuneIn with GVA.

That being said, I do have problems with certain TuneIn stations that GVA can't find.  For example,  when I ask for "Radio Paradise Rock Mix", it plays either Radio Paradise or Paradise Rock.  When I ask for all different permutation of WLIR (which recently changed its name to DARE FM), Google can never find.  Both of these are TuneIn favorites in the app.

The nice thing about the Mozart platform is you can program the my buttons to a B&O Radio station without GVA being involved.  Therefore, I could assign these stations to a button - something I can't do with my BV1 GVA (although I don't remember if WLIR is on B&O Radio, it probably is).

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,568 Posts
Bronze Member
Am I the only one who wants to hide these small speakers away from sight and integrate them into kitchen cabinettes or walls?

The speaker isn’t bad but I wish B&O could also do a integration model smart speaker for smaller areas.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
118 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guys

I did a fast video - where you can listen to the BeoSound Emerge Vs. BeoPlay M3

Which of them would you choose?

Here is a link to the video

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
639 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 6:34 PM

Thank you for the comparison. I have to tell that I'm a bit disappointed as the Emerge doesn't seem much better than the M3 but twice the price... For the design I would choose the Emerge as I never liked the M3, but again, I don't know if I would push the trigger...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,989 Posts
Bronze Member

EgonOlsen:
Emerge pairing only via google app. A no go

No TuneIn... also a no go

I don’t understand this.

Do you absolutely have to pair these - it is made as a single unit, a music system.

A speaker system like this is basicly made/tuned for background listening....hardly anyone would need a stereo-paired set for that.

If they could be configured as a set of speakers e.g. as surrounds with a BV, we could start talking needing two.....but that is future, if ever.

No TuneIn....what is wrong with Bang & Olufsen Radio?

And I am pretty sure it can be set up without the Google Home app - that is the case with the other newer music systems.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,588 Posts
Gold Member
Michael:

Am I the only one who wants to hide these small speakers away from sight and integrate them into kitchen cabinettes or walls?

The speaker isn’t bad but I wish B&O could also do a integration model smart speaker for smaller areas. Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)

I’m with you. I wonder because it’s designed like a book that it’s designed for the bookshelf and to be passively radiated so to speak
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,588 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen:

Do you absolutely have to pair these - it is made as a single unit, a music system.

A speaker system like this is basicly made/tuned for background listening....hardly anyone would need a stereo-paired set for that.

If they could be configured as a set of speakers e.g. as surrounds with a BV, we could start talking needing two.....but that is future, if ever.

And I am pretty sure it can be set up without the Google Home app - that is the case with the other newer music systems.

MM

Quite a lot of people want the ability to stereo pair a device even if it’s for background listening.

Even if it has the ability it makes it easier for people that cross shop between brand and for those buying B&O for the first time, if you can pair 2 home pod speakers and you can also do that with B&O
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Quite a lot of people want the ability to stereo pair a device even if it’s for background listening.

Even if it has the ability it makes it easier for people that cross shop between brand and for those buying B&O for the first time, if you can pair 2 home pod speakers and you can also do that with B&O

I fully agree. I’ve been thinking recently that pairing with google isn’t a bad idea. I’d lose NL and AP, but maybe i should just get comfort with CC? Abs could also play with roon over CC to such a stereo pair?
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,588 Posts
Gold Member
steve1977:

I fully agree. I’ve been thinking recently that pairing with google isn’t a bad idea. I’d lose NL and AP, but maybe i should just get comfort with CC? Abs could also play with roon over CC to such a stereo pair?

I’m intrigued by it too, perhaps in the future it’s going to allow for multi channel? And that’s what the Mozart platform will eventually do.

I did do the stereo pair on the A1 using the B&O technique and it was good. That’s cos i had two A1. I would like to set these up to be used plugged in with my work PC, but i dont think that’s possible.

Anyway, bring on the Emerge, even though I don’t like the name, it doesn’t say anything about music, or music quality, pity it’s not coming to Aussie land for another six months.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 6:49 AM
Roon will CC the same stream to different CC speakers, but I don’t believe that’s in stereo.
EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
No. I will not pair these little boxes. But i will also not use gva google. For nothing.

I don’t know BO Radio. I have an Stage , an A9 and a core. There is always TuneIn. Why can’t BO explain this on the website.

And my dealer have to use his google home app to activate my stage (in my contour). What a crap.

You are right: single unit music system. But it needs google?

Greetings

Millemissen:

MM

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Roon will CC the same stream to different CC speakers, but I don’t believe that’s in stereo.

As long as i use google home to create a stereo pair, i should be able to use roon to CC to this google created stereo pair. Wouldn’t know why this is not possible as roon is just relying on google as well.
Page 8 of 10 (143 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL