Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Emerge

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 142 Replies | 1 Follower

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
639 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Wed, Feb 24 2021 8:48 AM

Hi, does anybody have infos about the future Beosound Emerge?

https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-Emerge

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:51 AM
Azuntila:

A pink version also coming? https://layerdesign.com/project/emerge/#top-page

A hint from design offices page...

I think that picture shows stages of development with the pink being the first stage prototype. If you look closely there is no real detail on it.
MJ
Not Ranked
55 Posts
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:53 AM

Azuntila:

A pink version also coming? https://layerdesign.com/project/emerge/#top-page 

No that’s a clay model industrial designers use in a design process how an actual design looks and feel.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,498 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 12:04 PM

Millemissen:

No!

Beolit radios (and alike from other companies) have always been popular as secondary devices in kitchen, bedrooms etc.

What would you say....does a BL3500 or a BL2000 offer much more than a modern B&O mono speaker (that actually is different from a mono’ish speaker except for maybe the M3)?

That’s a very good point MM. 20 years ago I had a Century in my kitchen/dining room and a 9000 in the living room. This market for smaller secondary speakers has always existed. That these smaller speakers now make up so much of B&Os sales is just due to the fact that most people who aren’t on BeoWorld don’t want traditional stereo setups. There is a lot to be said for having a wide range of the newer speakers in terms of choice of design and price.

Personally I think the hipsters in 25 years time will “rediscover” stereo and proclaim it as their own as they have with vinyl, cassettes (and LED digital watches for some bizarre reason).  

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,569 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 3:06 PM

I like the black version and I hope they'll release a natural aluminium variant, too.

Maybe with the black panels but grill and aluminium parts in natural silver. I prefer that over those (only for my taste) ugly Kvadrat thingy.

When it works with an Essence remote, too, it's wonderful for e.g. the kitchen. Can't wait to see it and listen to it in person.

In the meantime: I hope John from B&O Manchester does one of his very nice reviews on it. :)

On the flexibility side I think that B&O did its homework. This thing has an auxiliary  line in and even an optical line in connection, too. So it can be connected to even the oldest infrastructure with a simple cable.

And as always: I highly aprreciate that B&O gives you the choice to have all the modern toys WITHOUT those digital bedbugs (Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa...) :-)

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:14 PM

I think I’ll get both the Emerge and Level when they get Beolink and at least one more colour option and connect them with my BS1. I have a hunch they’ll all (incl. Balance) get Beolink at about the same time later this year. That it’s coming to Emerge has also been confirmed to me by B&O. Another thing that is nice is that the connectivity unit is modular and therefore replaceable, so the emerge seems to have been designed for a longer lifecycle like the Level. I think that’s pretty good.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
714 Posts
Bronze Member

Azuntila:

A pink version also coming? https://layerdesign.com/project/emerge/#top-page 

I think it is the Clay model

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:34 PM

agreed - the modular replaceable streaming modules are a good thing.

Whether they follow through and actually make the replaceable modules down the road is another thing...I would not assume its 100% certain.

But as an intention, its a very positive development.

Csaba:

I think I’ll get both the Emerge and Level when they get Beolink and at least one more colour option and connect them with my BS1. I have a hunch they’ll all (incl. Balance) get Beolink at about the same time later this year. That it’s coming to Emerge has also been confirmed to me by B&O. Another thing that is nice is that the connectivity unit is modular and therefore replaceable, so the emerge seems to have been designed for a longer lifecycle like the Level. I think that’s pretty good.

Csaba
Not Ranked
Oslo, Norway
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:38 PM

Sandyb:

agreed - the modular replaceable streaming modules are a good thing.

Whether they follow through and actually make the replaceable modules down the road is another thing...I would not assume its 100% certain.

But as an intention, its a very positive development.

Csaba:

You’re probably right. I suppose that’s partially down to whether the design would still be desireable in the future.

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Gold Member

TWG:
When it works with an Essence remote, too, it's wonderful for e.g. the kitchen.

I noticed a few months ago that they stopped selling the Essence Remote on their web site.

I suspect dealers are selling off remaining inventory and then it will be gone.  :(

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,989 Posts
Bronze Member

A review from an industrial designer:

https://youtu.be/X5GyWpHwaTM

MM 

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,569 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 7:02 AM

laseralex:

TWG:
When it works with an Essence remote, too, it's wonderful for e.g. the kitchen.

I noticed a few months ago that they stopped selling the Essence Remote on their web site.

I suspect dealers are selling off remaining inventory and then it will be gone.  :(

Thank you for the (sad) news. I can't understand B&O strategy...
Will there be a successor? The Essence remote is one of the best B&O remotes albeit they could be have made it in better quality.

The Beoremote One will not last too long due to its OLED display. Let's see if they take enough care (software wise) of the HALO remote.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,643 Posts
Founder
Wonder if you can change the color in the future?

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
Emerge pairing only via google app. A no go

No TuneIn... also a no go

I don’t understand this.
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,903 Posts
Gold Member
You can BT pair them or pair them via GVA, also through GVA you still have tune in

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Top 200 Contributor
467 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 11:57 AM

How do you BT-pair them? Is that fixed and resulting in stereo?

Page 7 of 10 (143 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL