Masterlink Question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

sethach
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
sethach posted on Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:46 PM

I have a beovision 7-40 in my office, and I have connected a BeoLab 2000 via Masterlink. The Beolab 2000 remains silent, when I switch it on by the on/off switch. The LED turns green, but no relay click. If i push radio, the relay clicks, then again and the LED turns red.

I have another separate setup with a Beovision 7-55 and a Beosystem audio system. On this Masterlink setup the Beolab 2000 is working.

Does a link component not work without an audio master?

All Replies

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
128 Posts
Gold Member

The BL2000 does work with both audio and video systems, however slightly differently.  Have you tried the TV button?  Have you tired using a remote to select TV or DVD?

When you connected the BL2000 to the TV were both units unplugged from power?  Masterlink products should always be removed from power when making the master link connection, then powered up.

sethach
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Bill, thank you for your reply.

My BL2000 has a “Tape” button, and no TV button. I tried my beo4, it does not work.

Both devices have been plugged the power off.

the BL2000 works fine in my other set up - with Audio Master

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,183 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Feb 23 2021 5:04 PM

You don't need an audio master.

Is the BL2000 in L.OPT 6?

To set this, put the system in standby.

Then, on the Beo4, press the POWER button and LIST together.  Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show L.OPT.  Then press 6.  The power light on the BL2000 may blink to show that it has been accepted.

sethach
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

I did it, the BL2000 acknowled the code with one blink. The result is the as follows:

TV on, and switch on BL2000 with the TV button on the remote. The BL2000 turns green, the relay clicks, and after app. 4 seconds the LED turns red und the relay clicks again.

if I push CD, Tape, or Radio on the device, same. LED green, relay clicks, and goes off after app. 4 seconds.
if I switch BL2000 on with the button on the left side, the LED turns green and remains green. But ni relay click.

by the way, I tried again a power off of the BV7 and BL2000 for 5 minutes. No change.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,183 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Feb 23 2021 6:16 PM

What other sources does the BV7-40 have?  Have you tried an analogue source such as DVD?

Not sure what you are expecting to hear from the BL2000 when you press CD, Tape or Radio?  These sources don't exist in the system if my understanding is correct.

sethach
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Your understanding is correct. I just tried to describe the behavior . If i press TV, BL2000 act as like as tape, radio, so as if the source  (tv) does not exit. I have changed the cable, no difference. The Masterlink seems ok, because  if I press the off button for some time, the TV goes off.

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
128 Posts
Gold Member

What happens when you adjust the volume with the volume knob on the BL2000?

I once had a masterlink connection problem when using a masterlink cable for the first time in a beosound. When I removed the cable and checked the inside of the socket, there was some dust/lint inside from years of not having anything plugged in.

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
135 Posts
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Wed, Feb 24 2021 11:09 AM
Hi,

Is the ML cable ok?

ML module in the tv ok?

Any ML errors in the TV’s service menu?
sethach
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
sethach replied on Wed, Feb 24 2021 11:48 AM

I could solve it.

in the monitor information (monitor service menu) I found “Option setting 6”. I tried to change it with the remote V.Opt 1 and 2, it did not change. I tried L.Opt for the Beovision, but he did not even acknowledge the setting.

so I "reset to default", and now the BL2000 is working.

I assume the TV was setup to a link TV, but how was that done?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,183 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Feb 24 2021 12:21 PM

sethach:
I assume the TV was setup to a link TV, but how was that done?

Perhaps the TV received the L.OPT 6 IR command at the same time that you set the BL2000 to Option 6 according to my instructions!  The Beo4 IR signals is strong!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL