Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
621 Posts
Gold Member
Fansastic posted on Mon, Feb 22 2021 7:24 PM
Hi all,

Couldn’t find the older post, so restart this question in this post.

A year ago I managed to install the Disney+ app on my Eclipse. It was in the LG content store shortly. After that it disappeared in the LG store and I never used the app until now.

I experience buffering issues with the app and tried several things I found online, no result.

One of the solutions could be reinstalling / updating the app and that is not possible as it is not in the LG content store.

Does anyone know if the app will be in the store for Eclipse?

Does anyone with newer panel (Harmony/Eclipse mk2) have same buffering issues with app?

Thanks

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,550 Posts
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

Hi all,

Couldn’t find the older post, so restart this question in this post.

A year ago I managed to install the Disney+ app on my Eclipse. It was in the LG content store shortly. After that it disappeared in the LG store and I never used the app until now.

I experience buffering issues with the app and tried several things I found online, no result.

One of the solutions could be reinstalling / updating the app and that is not possible as it is not in the LG content store.

Does anyone know if the app will be in the store for Eclipse?

Does anyone with newer panel (Harmony/Eclipse mk2) have same buffering issues with app?

Thanks BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 - H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Works well on my eclipse mk2

Afaik the app isn’t available for eclipse mk1 so the possibility to download was probably an error. My guess is that your app is now out of date and not working properly with the servers that probably have changed over time.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

driehoek
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member
driehoek replied on Mon, Feb 22 2021 10:17 PM

I also have issue that I can t find disney app on my eclioae mk1. I don't understand why not supportes on mk1 but it is on all LGs and MK2. Thought webos on eclipse was same as all LGs. 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
136 Posts
Bronze Member

Eclipse MK 2 us webOS 5.0 and Eclipse MK us webOS 3.5 
Later this year new LG screen 2021 comes with webOS 6.0. 

It can be that Disney + dont support webOS 3.5 and therefor its no work on eclipse mk1. 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
136 Posts
Bronze Member

But on this link 

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=1c74f2dcdb0d40d03c0cf158bf961902

it stand: 

So therefor it should work on Eclipse MK1

What LG Smart TVs are supported on Disney+?

Disney+ supports LG TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0 and up.

Unfortunately, LG TVs using the NetCast OS aren’t supported and the web browser isn’t supported on any LG TV.

For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed Internet connection. (Please see this article for more details on the recommended Internet speed requirements for Disney+.)

To enjoy the highest-quality Disney+ experience, all components should support high-bandwidth digital content, including HDMI cables. For 4K Ultra HD and HDR content, external displays should support HDCP 2.2. Consult with the device manufacturer for capabilities of your specific device(s).

Note: Older audio and video components can impact quality and prevent playback entirely

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
621 Posts
Gold Member
I read somewhere that LG stated the C7 panel on Eclipse has been made specially for B&O and therefore support on the screen goes through B&O.

B&O refers back to LG. Typical situation and stupid if you ask me! The app was in the content store briefly, so why not put it back and update it to latest version!

Seems a perpetual dramatic software issue with B&O; first the missing of Netflix on BV11/14/Avant, then lack of support on the LG’s. Not to mention all the troubles with the Android OS. On the audio side it is even worse: NL missing on latest products, Moment issues never solved...

USP of B&O has always been the seamless integration of their products and strong own development skills. I understand the LG collaboration and need to incorporate AP2 and Google integration in their products. But they are underperforming greatly where it involves support to their modern product line.

If you want to be a premium brand you need premium support & communication. If you sell mass products for average prices you can come away with sub level support. Selling LG tv’s for €10K+ with panels that should support apps, must simply deliver, whatever reason you might have. Otherwise the product is simply just highly overpriced.

Pricing versus product quality (including software) is the biggest problem B&O has for quite a while now. If they want to prosper in future they need to move up their game. Too many people are abandoning the brand already.

And all this because one app is missing Big Smile please read it as a statement for my love for the brand.

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

VANTAGE
Not Ranked
74 Posts
Bronze Member

I have an Eclipse v1, and use the Disney+ app via my Apple TV 4K: it works flawlessly, including navigation with the Beoremote One.

Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - 2 x BL50 - 2 x BL17 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - H9i

McIntosh MC601 x 2 - McIntosh C50 - McIntosh D1100 -  McIntosh MHP1000 - Focal Scala V2 Utopia - McIntosh McAire

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
621 Posts
Gold Member
VANTAGE:

I have an Eclipse v1, and use the Disney+ app via my Apple TV 4K: it works flawlessly, including navigation with the Beoremote One.

Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - 2 x BL50 - 2 x BL17 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - H9i

McIntosh MC601 x 2 - McIntosh C50 - McIntosh D1100 - McIntosh MHP1000 - Focal Scala V2 Utopia - McIntosh McAire

Yes the ATV will solve many issues, point is that I want to use as many as native apps on my TV as possible. And that is the problem: LG says it will work and due to unclear reasons it does not work on the B&O/LG tv’s. That should be fixed, whatever the reason, just because of the premium of the Eclipse.

driehoek
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

The response I received from B&O support was that it is not supported on eclipse MK1 and they indeed refer to ATV solution, which I do not like.

I seriously do not understand the issue. The sofware works on other C7 LG TV and even was available before. Must be licensing issue with B&O. Seems lost revenue opportunity from disney. Are there other reason why Disney or B&O would not support it on eclips MK1?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
621 Posts
Gold Member
Whatever the reason, it should be available for the Eclipse MK1, there is no technical limitation and any financial reason is not acceptable for us as end user / buyer of the Eclipse!

It is so frustrating that this problems keep following B&O and that they are not willing to solve this issues. The collaboration with LG is fine and proven to be successful, apart from this matter

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,550 Posts
Bronze Member
I guess it’s due to the fact that it has custom firmware that is not updated as it works as per defined. New feature are lost due to it. But just use the ATV. Apps in TVs will always stop working at some time. It is what it is.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member

I feel your frustration - it annoys me too for other reasons, but as others say, the AppleTV 4K blows away the onboard processors of even the latest LG Alpha processors. The Alpha9 (Eclipse V1 is an Alpha 7) is a 4-core 1Ghz processor with 2 GPU cores. The ATV with A10x fusion has 6 cores at 2.38Ghz and 12 cores in the GPU - ideal for processing Dolby Vision HDR etc. Obviously, the primary quality constraint is what the content provider streams at, but you'll always get a better outcome through ATV.

Then did I mention the security and privacy issues of what you are sharing with the native environment? No thank you. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL