rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

jabell
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
jabell posted on Wed, Feb 17 2021 8:33 PM

Hi,

I currently have 18s/19 connected to a BL Transmitter 1 via the L/R inputs using a phono to powerlink cable. The powerlink end is connected to the powerlink port of the Core. Rather than using an optical cable from the Core to the TV, I have bypassed the Core (and powerlink/phono cable) by connecting the optical cable from the TV directly into the optical port on the BL Transmitter. It works but I am unable to control the volume. 

Any thoughts on how to control the volume level? Those who promote the use of a Core for the purposes of sound level management: this solution isn't even that great since you need to either 1) pair an Essence/B&O remote to the Core app, 2) buy an external remote sensor that attached to the Core via USB, or 3) control the sound from the B&O App (not practical). What am I missing?

I wish I had a BV to bypass the Core/Transmitter dilemma. I'm sure it would solve the irritating hissing that's coming out of the 18 tweeters, too. 

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,904 Posts
Gold Member
jabell:

I currently have 18s/19 connected to a BL Transmitter 1 via the L/R inputs

Transmitter 1 should communicate with BL 18/19 wirelessly. Powerlink ports of the TR1 are for input, not output

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

jabell
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
jabell replied on Wed, Feb 17 2021 8:53 PM

Sorry, what I wrote was incorrect. 

My Beolab 18s/19 have been configured wirelessly to the BL Transmitter 1. I have the phono cables connected to the L/R inputs on the Transmitter 1, running to the Core's Powerlink port. 

However, I have found that I can remove the Core altogether and run an optical cable from the Transmitter to my TV, and it produces sound, but I am unable to control it.

I hope that clears things up. 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,904 Posts
Gold Member
jabell:

by connecting the optical cable from the TV directly into the optical port on the BL Transmitter. It works but I am unable to control the volume.

You must connect a volume controlled device to TR1 optical IN unless you have an RVC3000 IR receiver and a compatible source.

The Samsung optical out is not volume controllable but maybe compatible with the above IR-eye setup.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,904 Posts
Gold Member
jabell:

I have the phono cables connected to the L/R inputs on the Transmitter 1, running to the Core's Powerlink port.

I have my Core connected to the TR1 via Powerlink (Cat 7 Ethernet cable), I felt this way more « B&O », but I cannot tell if it makes a difference from a sound quality perpective.

jabell
Not Ranked
23 Posts
Bronze Member
jabell replied on Wed, Feb 17 2021 9:24 PM

I have an extra "powerlink to powerlink" cable, so I will try swapping it with the current "power link to phono" cable to see if it makes a difference. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL