Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
751 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoIce posted on Sat, Feb 6 2021 9:29 PM

Hi all,

having the BS3 in storage for long time and now I want to set it up.

BS3 with latest software connected to a Panasonic VT65 plasma. Sources Technisat SAT receiver and Apple TV HD.

Actual problems are:

Picture on the TV is quite dark as long as the sources comes through BS3. If using the integrated SAT receiver of the TV picture is quite bright.

The picture sometimes stutters.

The aspect ratio sometimes changes although source doesn't change.

Can't turn on/off Apple TV HD. All other Apple TV functions are ok. PUC 2.60a is installed.

Slow startup of BS3 itself and devices controlled via PUC. For example, starting BS3 takes 10 sec. and after that you have to wait another 5 secs or so until the startup command will be send from PUC.

Any knowledge for solving the problems is appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

All Replies

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
690 Posts
Gold Member

It took me ages to set up my  BS3 and getting it looking right on my attached LG OLED screen. There was lots if tinkering with settings on both. The BS3 and TV are connected via DVI to HDMI. The only picture adjustments I can make on the BS3 is Brightness and Colour (the others are greyed out), the main adjustments were made on the TV.

When you connect the ATV and go into the Connection Menu you get the choice in settings you may want to try changing those to get it to turn off.

Off at source change
Off at TV stand-by
Always on
Manual control

As you say the system is VERY slow to start and I have not found any way to speed that up. I have not had issues with stuttering or aspect ratio changing.

Stoobie

beopaul
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member
Regarding the Apple TV, they changed the on/off codes a year or so back, so you’d need a PUC update to fix that.

On a side note, Apple TV remote can turn on/off and control volume on my BV7 but not my BS3.

— Paul
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
690 Posts
Gold Member

BeoIce:

Hi all,

having the BS3 in storage for long time and now I want to set it up.

BS3 with latest software connected to a Panasonic VT65 plasma. Sources Technisat SAT receiver and Apple TV HD.

Actual problems are:

Picture on the TV is quite dark as long as the sources comes through BS3. If using the integrated SAT receiver of the TV picture is quite bright.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

I seem to remember I had to chage my DVB Reciever settings RGB and or CVBS. I cannot remember which way I used but one made the picture less dull and dark.

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL