Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Sjock601
Not Ranked
United States
43 Posts
Gold Member
Sjock601 posted on Thu, Feb 4 2021 8:25 PM

Hi Anyone,

What is the best way to get a battery changed in a Beo 6 Remote??  I reviewed a few websites offering brief instructions on how to do it but the procedure looks kinda scary with high possibility that the unit could be permanently damaged if not done properly.  It looks like a procedure that needs to be done by someone experienced and does it often.  The B&O store in my city pernanantly closed!!  I really hate not using a completely usable Remote simply because the battery needs to be changed.  Or, worse yet throwing it away for the same reason.  Any suggestions??  Anyone??

Thanks!

Ed 

All Replies

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,353 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi.

If you're a little bit handy and proceed carrefully, its not that difficult. You sometimes have to pull a little bit hard which is, i agree scary, but all in all, it's a straightforward procedure on a rugged device.

Hope this help.

Sjock601
Not Ranked
United States
43 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Matador33,

Thanks for your reply.  Guess I’m just going to have to eventually get the confidence to try and do it myself.  Let’s face the facts, it’s not usable now, and if I permanently damage it while trying to fix it then it’s still not usable.  Either way it’s of no use to me or anyone else.  What do I have to lose?? . . . . .   Potentially a Beo6 Remote that will NEVER be usable again by me or anyone else??    Thanks again for your advice!

skolesen
Not Ranked
Hvidovre, Denmark
33 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Ed,

Under WIKI you can find the battery replacement procedure for Beo 5/6.

https://forum.beoworld.org/wikis/beo5-6/battery-replacement-procedure.aspx

The replacement battery type is 4/5AA.

/steffen

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
664 Posts
Gold Member

Changing the battery is fairly straight forward but you need to be prepared with the right tools and make a mental note of each step because putting it back together means you have to ensure the battery and wires go back in the same way.

Follow the link in Steffen's post above

The instructions don’t make it clear how little room there is to work with once you take the 3 screws out of the bottom and pull the charger connector out. The diagram looks nice and clear with no obstructions but the charger connector will hang from its wires. Don’t try to disconnect these as you can’t at this stage. You then have to try to push the keypad out by pressing from the back. I found it easiest to insert my baby finger so it can bend towards the back of the keypad and press very firmly by bending the finger. You need to press fairly hard. The whole keyboard will start to move forward. It is all one piece. Don’t be tempted to insert anything in to push that can damage a circuit board as you are pressing on the back of one.

The keyboard will move forward and there will be a silicone seal all the way around, This is fixed in place on the keyboard but once you can see that it is easier to carefully pull from the front too. None of the buttons fall off or come out of place. It is one unit. When the keyboard is out there will be 3 cables connected. You need to disconnect the charger connector. Pull this towards the cables that come out at right angles to the board, It is quite a tight fit. Pull the battery connector towards the cables that run parallel to the board . You can leave the flat ribbon cable connected to the screen and fold the keyboard up and out of the way. But you can easily disconnect it. I have seen two types of connections. One tht is just a friction fit so you pull it out fairly easily. I have seen others where you have to lift a little clip running along the top of the socket to release the cable.  

When removing the battery holder it is the outer two of the 4 screws you can see. Mine were black whereas as the other two were silver making it easy to distinguish. Once you have the screws out make sure you carefully note how the wires come out of the battery and where they go. If you put the battery in the wrong way, it is almost impossible to get the keyboard to fit correctly when re-assembling. (a photo may be a good idea.) There is very little room when putting the keyboard back so the wires have to lay in the right place.

The battery is in quite tight and the little black plastic holder shown in the instructions only comes out with the battery from recollection. I don’t think it comes out leaving the battery in place. You need to remember this when re-assembling. Put the new battery and then re assemble. Remember to connect all the cables before putting the keyboard back in place.

Good luck

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL