Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoSound Level Video - First Look - New portable speaker from Bang & Olufsen

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 83 Replies | 3 Followers

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
128 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Thu, Feb 4 2021 8:00 AM

Hi BeoWorld

Here is the introduction to the brand new Bang & Olufsen speaker called BeoSound Level

https://youtu.be/wa8izKOBKgc

World Premiere on BeoSound Level - a brand new speaker from Bang & Olufsen. Design by Torsten Valeur Bang & Olufsen Radio, AirPlay2, Chromecast, SpotifyConnect, Bluetooth, Line-in Beosound Level has been designed on the key insight that “Movability of sound in the home is highly valued by our consumers”. Any room. Any position. Any moment. Beosound Level lets you move with your music in new ways at home, without ever compromising on sound quality.

5 speaker drivers • 2x 0.8” tweeter (powered by a 15W amplifier) • 1x 2” fullrange drivers (powered by a 30W amplifier) • 2x 4” woofers (each powered by a 30W amplifier)

Remember that you can support the channel with only DKK 9 per month. As a BOTF Champion and BOTF Top Fan - you will get a lot behind the scene, secret products and a lot more. I hope you will support the channel. Click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOlU6gU6TCho4GTG76s7shw/join

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
736 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob:

B&O are removing TuneIn from all products this year. Moving to their own NetRadio service. I've been told the Essence Mk2 that I have will receive the update. It's something to do with BBC licensing with TuneIn I think.

Hope the Moment will get the update also!

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
460 Posts
Bronze Member

It not a new product !

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,010 Posts
Bronze Member
Styrizo:

Apparently there's a new speaker in this same line as Balance and Level coming out in the following months. What I've been told is that it's more column-like,

A BL 28 apparently

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,867 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 6:44 PM
Fansastic:

Hope the Moment will get the update also

I would be very surprised if they updated a discontinued product with new functionality...

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Gold Member

Hiort:
Fansastic:

Hope the Moment will get the update also

I would be very surprised if they updated a discontinued product with new functionality...

I would also be surprised, but they did already release at least one major update since Moment was discontinued.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to manage a home full of devices that all have different streaming services.  I purchased a large collection of B&O equipment with the expectation that it would continue to work together.  :-/

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,480 Posts
Bronze Member

The Essence MK2 gets updates all rhe time - and that is discontinued long ago.

At least having the same radio service on all products would be nice, would be a progress.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
840 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 10:57 PM

Is there somewhere (other than my BS5) where I can see the stations included in the service?  As a long time BS5 owner, it pains me to admit that the BS5 isn't great at managing the 100s or 1000s of stations currently in the list.

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
172 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 11:00 PM

I actually bought an old beolink pc2 a couple of years ago to have on standby just in case TuneIn shutdown! TBH I was always surprised they chose to rely on a 3rd party service for internet radio, I guess the cost of maintaining a directory of streams was more than paying for tunein. Pretty short sighted though.

I wonder whether B&O will use the existing net radio service as used in the bv11 and v1 or whether will it be some sort of chromecast implementation for radio streams. 

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
278 Posts
Bronze Member

I do need something new at some point but I do want to kwwp my Easence remotes. Those were a strike of genius ....

Might visit my dealer on this. While everywhere the ships are sinking we here in Boston just observed our local guy move into a new store and splitting off another store to be opened soon in walking distance from my house.

What I am also curious about is stereo with 2 speaker. 

I do use Spotify Connect with my essence and that works very well.  If they could replicate that experience with the new speaker they are launching I would cave in.

Having high hopes for the Balance update and also this ...

cheers

JK

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,566 Posts
Bronze Member

Let's note that the latest Balance update has introduced the Balance's own (TuneIn independed) radio stations

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Gold Member

Curly:
Alex, how do you compare and contrast your 9 Essence remotes to your 1 Halo? Not to hijack the thread, but I’m curious on your thoughts of the two products  

I am in love with the Essence Remote.  It is just simply a perfect device. I love having volume control without needing to grab my phone. I also use Touch to Join a lot. 

The Halo is certainly more Eye catching and  if my goal was to let friends know I have been financially successful then it would definitely be my preference. LOL. I so like the volume ring a lot, and find the display useful to pick a specific netradio to listen to. But I feel like the proximity sensor isn’t quite fast enough to feel like response is instant - I often wave my hand then wait for it to come alive.  And I haven’t found the ability to control devices in multiple rooms to be useful. And the incredibly short battery life means I just leave it on a charging pad 95% of the time  

I think the ideal device would be an Essence Remote II with an e-paper display of the current album / station information.  It would keep the device simple and have lo battery life while still offering the one thing the Halo has, which is a station display. 

I see myself adding more Essence Remotes before adding more Halos.  (I could use one more Essence remote at the door between master bed and master bath) 

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

marcengels
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

Been waiting for a speaker like this. Just to be sure, is it possible to physically turn on the Level and listen to radio without using a phone or tablet? That is my biggest wish.

Thanks for any reply. 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,548 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sat, Feb 6 2021 9:48 AM
laseralex:

I am in love with the Essence Remote. It is just simply a perfect device. I love having volume control without needing to grab my phone.

I think the ideal device would be an Essence Remote II with an e-paper display of the current album / station information. It would keep the device simple and have lo battery life while still offering the one thing the Halo has, which is a station display.

I agree it’s a fantastic device.

The only thing I miss with the essence device/core is having a visual display of the volume without having to open the app
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,480 Posts
Bronze Member

marcengels:

Been waiting for a speaker like this. Just to be sure, is it possible to physically turn on the Level and listen to radio without using a phone or tablet? That is my biggest wish.

Thanks for any reply. 

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055475232-How-can-I-interact-with-Beosound-Level-

Being able to use the MyButtons on the BROne however, would be important - maybe that might come in a future update.

Whether you (for time being) can use the BROne to start the playback (of the last played radio station) or not, is not clear from that description

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

marcengels
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Page 3 of 6 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL