Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The BeoSound Moment is the best audio system B&O ever created. I will cry when mine stop working.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Gold Member
laseralex posted on Wed, Feb 3 2021 8:25 AM

I have a Moment sitting on my desk in my home office, and another in the Dining room to service the other end of the house.  I'd guess that I listen to them an average of 5 or 6 hours a day.

Often it's radio, and sometimes it's a specific song or album.  But the MoodWheel is such an amazing feature.  It's like a perfect radio station, playing exactly what I'm hoping to hear

Needless to say, the physical beauty of the Moment is also part of the love affair.  I leave the tablet ("Jukebox") of the office Moment with the LCD up all the time, and never remove the jukebox because I only control it while sitting at my desk.  But the dining room Moment spends a lot of time with the beautiful wood surface exposed, and it is really just such a thing of beauty in that configuration.  The Moment is the last sound system B&O made with a physical interface, and they absolutely "hit it out of the park" to use an American term.  

I don't really have any point to this post other than to say my BeoSound Moments bring my such immense joy and I wanted to tell the world.  I know that some day my Moments will stop working; as a highly-digital product they will never have the lifespan of, for example, a Beogram 4002.  But I will enjoy every moment I spend with my Beosound Moments as long as they continue working.

If anyone from B&O is reading this, I want to thank you for creating these incredible products.  As a small business owner also in technology, I know that the rapid changes in both the underlying technology and global economics make it incredibly challenging for small businesses to thrive.  Please keep up the good fight, and know that the beautiful things you have created are bringing joy into peoples' lives every day.  Thank you for what you do.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  11x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
687 Posts
Gold Member
I totally agree with you, there are stil a few true Moment lovers out there.

I only wish the flaws with missing album/artist covers, the missing moodwheel for DLNA and patternplay would get a fix after all.

The concept and design is still unparalleled, the technical execution was under par unfortunately (mainly due to software problems but also for EOL of technical components).

If there is one product that really deserves a make 2, it is the Moment!

All arguments that modern users do not need a physical music device do not count for true B&O clients. We need a product like the Moment, even these days. The Halo is just not sufficient enough, even if the long awaited updates are finally distributed.

So if B&O is listening: please give us a final update for the Moment, so it can be used as originally intended ๐Ÿ™

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Moningsand
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

I can only agree that the product idea is fantastic. A physical product with its own interface is superior to using a mobile phone. Mine is used daily to great satisfaction for the most part, but also real irritation some days.

The dream had been a stable generation II of BS Moment with the same functions but with a focus on high-end sound. What I would like is to be able to wire connect the product digitally with the speakers and connect Bluetooth headphones. Maybe support for Tidal if it is higher quality than Dezeer. Analog inputs and outputs can be skipped, given that all new speakers have digital connection. Unfortunately, we will probably never see this product.

Normski
Not Ranked
Norfolk
20 Posts
Gold Member

Absolutely agree with this and all the comments. I have had a BS Moment for two years now and have had no issues with it at all. The only ask from me would be to enhance its capability to include an up to date video platform as well.......hang on, wouldn't that make it something called a BeoSystem 5, just a thought!!!

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,903 Posts
Founder

Fansastic:

So if B&O is listening: please give us a final update for the Moment, so it can be used as originally intended ๐Ÿ™

Where is Lyle (and his team) when you need him? Big Smile

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
687 Posts
Gold Member
Beobuddy:

Where is Lyle (and his team) when you need him?

Indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
794 Posts
Gold Member

I love you original post Alex as that feeling you have expressed (and wanting to tell the world!) is what many products from B&O have done for me over the years. This is why we are all so passionate about the brand, surely?

My last purchase was a BeoSound 2 and I ove this speaker more each day. Yesterday I was changing things around in my living room a bit. I’ve struggled to find the right place for the BeoSound 2. Eventually, I thought I’d try it on the floor but assumed it wouldn’t sound as good. Surprisingly, it still blew me away and to my ears at least, there was no difference at all in sound quality having moved it from a table top position down to the floor. Not only this, but it looked really good in the space too. I sat back on my listening chair, lights off with a glass of red wine and listened to some soft jazz for the next hour or so feeling completely relaxed and chilled. I was smiling. Product design is everything to me and the BeoSound 2 has it all.

As for the Moment, it wasn’t a product I instantly fell in love with at release. But, as is so often the case for me with B&O, I tend to fall in love with some products more in time and this happened with the Moment. I do now think that a Moment would be the perfect addition to my home and like you guys, I think the physical interaction of the tablet is just fantastic and can’t be matched. I still very much want that and agree that an iPhone X and iPad Pro (in my case) don’t give me that same experience.

I don’t know if I could use the Moment to control the BeoSound 2 as I haven’t looked into it but if it could, then I might still buy one. I am just unsure about the lack of updates and how this would affect me that many people talk about. I am a premium subscriber to Spotify and don’t use anything else.

Thanks for sharing your excitement! I feel it for you too and who knows, perhaps I might be a Moment owner too one day in the near future.

All the best from Simon.

:)

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

James1980
Not Ranked
76 Posts
Bronze Member

I love my two moments, only use streaming so no NAS issues for me. One is connected to a Beogram so that I can stream vinyl to all my other speakers too. 
I can confirm that you are able to use it to control what is playing on a BS2, but only if you join the BS2 to the moment via the app first, slightly clunky but possible.  

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
687 Posts
Gold Member
James1980:

I love my two moments, only use streaming so no NAS issues for me. One is connected to a Beogram so that I can stream vinyl to all my other speakers too. I can confirm that you are able to use it to control what is playing on a BS2, but only if you join the BS2 to the moment via the app first, slightly clunky but possible.

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4, Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2, Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

Or join the BS by one tap on top of it to multiroom

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
894 Posts
Bronze Member
I donโ€™t mean to poop on this party but I disagree. The complaints, anguish and problems with it have run into hundreds and hundreds of posts on this forum. Problems persist to this day. Even B&O know they messed up spectacularly with this hence the rewrite of the codes. Then they abandoned it so soon. The hardware, the software and the customer care has been very poor. Sorry to upset the enthusiasts. It doesnโ€™t compare to the Jensen or Lewis era audiomasters.

Present: BL90, Beosound Moment, Beosound Core, BL6000, Beogram CD7000, Beogram 7000, BS Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, Beocenter 2, Beosound 5, BV5, BV4-50, BV4-65, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
794 Posts
Gold Member

I certainly don't think your popping on the party seethroughyou! Its good to have a healthy honest opinion about B&O. I always try to. I wonder, for my purpose of connecting to a BeoSound 2, do you think that would work ok or would I still encounter any of these issues people mention? Since I haven't ever purchased a Moment I've never really followed many threads about it, so I am still a newbie when it comes to this particular product. Cheers, Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,672 Posts
Gold Member
laseralex:

I have a Moment sitting on my desk in my home office, and another in the Dining room to service the other end of the house. I'd guess that I listen to them an average of 5 or 6 hours a day.

Often it's radio, and sometimes it's a specific song or album. But the MoodWheel is such an amazing feature. It's like a perfect radio station, playing exactly what I'm hoping to hear

Needless to say, the physical beauty of the Moment is also part of the love affair. I leave the tablet ("Jukebox") of the office Moment with the LCD up all the time, and never remove the jukebox because I only control it while sitting at my desk. But the dining room Moment spends a lot of time with the beautiful wood surface exposed, and it is really just such a thing of beauty in that configuration. The Moment is the last sound system B&O made with a physical interface, and they absolutely "hit it out of the park" to use an American term.

I don't really have any point to this post other than to say my BeoSound Moments bring my such immense joy and I wanted to tell the world. I know that some day my Moments will stop working; as a highly-digital product they will never have the lifespan of, for example, a Beogram 4002. But I will enjoy every moment I spend with my Beosound Moments as long as they continue working.

If anyone from B&O is reading this, I want to thank you for creating these incredible products. As a small business owner also in technology, I know that the rapid changes in both the underlying technology and global economics make it incredibly challenging for small businesses to thrive. Please keep up the good fight, and know that the beautiful things you have created are bringing joy into peoples' lives every day. Thank you for what you do.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6 Control: 9x Essence Remote • 1x Beoremote Halo

Some also feel the same of the BeoSound 5

A great product idea left to rot too soon. They should have put up the good fight.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
208 Posts
Gold Member

They still have not fixed the stuttering that seems to happen when Moment is paired with a BeoVision.  It's disgraceful really.  If it were possible to have B&O products added to more than one B&O account we'd use the app instead.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
687 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js:

They still have not fixed the stuttering that seems to happen when Moment is paired with a BeoVision. It's disgraceful really. If it were possible to have B&O products added to more than one B&O account we'd use the app instead.

Is there a Beolink NL/ML connected also?

Is the Moment hard wired? I encountered drop outs on NL/ML converter (was fixed in latest software version if I remember correctly). Moment on wifi was a struggle and as soon as I hardwired it, it was flawless

Audio
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sun, Feb 7 2021 7:54 PM

I like the concept (and design) of the Beosound Moment as dedicated music audio system with a tablet and volume control on top. But unfortunately Bang&Olufsen totally screwed up turning a great concept into a working system.

I do not understand why B&O does not open the operating system / firmware of Beosound Moment for a second useful life?

The Beosound Moment Soundheart could be a nice Roon Lab endpoint and the Beosound Moment Jukebox a nice Roon Labs control tablet realized for example as a B&O independ Beocreate project. That should technically not too difficult to realize, as the jukebox uses Android and the Soundheart uses Linux derivate. And both operating systems are supported by Roon.

Additionally this would give B&O valuable feedback / insides if a Roon could be a serious option to integrate in future.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL