Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Getting aux to work. How may I fix a no-function button?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 11 Replies | 1 Follower

devran
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
devran posted on Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:37 AM

Hello

I have just coonected my Beosound Ouverture to aux. However I am realising that I cann't switch to AUX. Probably the button is not working, and the Beolink doesn't have an aux button on it, nor through the list.

Any ideas how I can get aux to work, switch to it?

Best!

Devran Gozen

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 10:40 AM
Verified by devran

devran:

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your reply. I acutally am only assuming its a Beo 4, but it looks like in the following link:

https://ibb.co/VjY20Gh

On this one I can't locate any aux related buttons, or shift, or a.opt2 or a.aux 

Have any ideas?

Yes that is an early Beo4.  You should be able to add A.AUX to the LIST as follows:

On the Beo4:

- Press Power (Red button) and LIST together, the display should read ADD?

- Press GO.

- Press LIST repeatedly until the display shows A.AUX. then GO.

- A.AUX should then be listed under LIST.  Select this and then press GO to send the A.AUX command to the Ouverture.

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
516 Posts
Founder
devran:

Hello

I have just coonected my Beosound Ouverture to aux. However I am realising that I cann't switch to AUX. Probably the button is not working, and the Beolink doesn't have an aux button on it, nor through the list.

Best!

Devran Gozen

Hi Devran,

Which BeoLink remote do you have? If it is a BeoLink 1000 then try pressing the SHIFT button then the RADIO button in sequence (not at the same time).

But if you have connected an external source to your Ouverture’s AUX input, and are not getting sound when you press AUX on the Ouverture’s own keypad:

(1) You may have bought the wrong cable(5 pin DIN plugs can carry sound both into and out of a device, but a 3.5mm plug or single pair of RCA sockets can only carry sound one way), or...

(2) You may not have turned up the volume enough on the source (if it’s an old iPod or iPhone).

Hope this helps,

Lawrence
Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 9:34 AM

If you are using a Beo4 remote then it's actually A.AUX (not just AUX) that you will need to add to the LIST function.

Alternatively, if you put the Ouverture in A.OPT 2 then you can select A.AUX with any of the video source buttons (TV, SAT, V.TAPE etc).

If the AUX button on the Ouverture's keypad isn't working, are other buttons working?  There is quite a common fault with these keypads.  Try the digit 6 and/or the LOAD button - this will narrow down the fault.

EDIT:  Instructions follow, if required:

To add A.AUX to the LIST button on the Beo4:

- Press Power and LIST together, the display should read ADD?

- Press GO.

- Press LIST until the display shows A.AUX. then GO.

- A.AUX should then be listed under LIST.  Select this and then press GO to send the command to the Ouverture.

Secondly, if you do want to put the Ouverture in A.OPT 2:

- Turn to standby/off.

- On the Beo4, press the POWER button and LIST together.  Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show A.OPT.  Then press 2.  The power light on the Ouverture should blink to show that it has been accepted.

devran
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
devran replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 10:07 AM

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your reply. I acutally am only assuming its a Beo 4, but it looks like in the following link:

On this one I can't locate any aux related buttons, or shift, or a.opt2 or a.aux 

Have any ideas?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 10:40 AM
Verified by devran

devran:

Hi Guy,

Have any ideas?

Yes that is an early Beo4.  You should be able to add A.AUX to the LIST as follows:

On the Beo4:

- Press GO.

- A.AUX should then be listed under LIST.  Select this and then press GO to send the A.AUX command to the Ouverture.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 10:45 AM

I just had another idea: An alternative way to select the AUX input would be to press AV then TV using that remote.  Worth a try!

devran
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
devran replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 12:24 PM

YOU ARE AMAZING!! THANK YOU!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 2:11 PM

Not sure which solution worked (perhaps all of them), but thanks anyway!!

devran
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
devran replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 2:29 PM

The verified answer this worked:

On the Beo4:

- Press GO.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,187 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 2:36 PM

^ Oh good - thanks for letting us know!

Come back on the forum if you need more help Smile

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,243 Posts
Bronze Member

devran:
Hello

Best!

Devran Gozen

Out of curiosity: what did you connect to AUX? Or did you connect the BS Ouverture through AUX to another device?

devran
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
devran replied on Wed, Jan 27 2021 9:03 PM

Hi Carolpa,

I connected it to my airport express through aux for airplay. It’s more convenient but it kills the feeling I was getting from CDs

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL