Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Bo Xamuel posted on Tue, Jan 26 2021 7:37 PM

Hello.

Does anybody know how to (if possible) control two Beovisions, one 7-40 and one 8-32 separately with one Beo 4 remote, when the two BV's are placed in the same room?

/ Bo Xamuel

All Replies

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
512 Posts
Gold Member
Hi Bo!

I have seen in B&O stores in the past that they put a plastic cap over the top of Beo4 to narrow the IR beam (?) so that one really has to point to the device to control it. Maybe that would help?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,774 Posts
Bronze Member

Bo Xamuel:

Hello.

Does anybody know how to (if possible) control two Beovisions, one 7-40 and one 8-32 separately with one Beo 4 remote, when the two BV's are placed in the same room?

/ Bo Xamuel

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
765 Posts
Bronze Member

You can also adjust the IR strength in the TVs menu settings although this might not add much benefit with just 1 remote. 

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Ferdinand:
Hi Bo!

I have seen in B&O stores in the past that they put a plastic cap over the top of Beo4 to narrow the IR beam (?) so that one really has to point to the device to control it. Maybe that would help?

Hi Ferdinand.

Oh yeah! 

I remember seeing that done with Beolink 1000 too! Smile

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:

You can also adjust the IR strength in the TVs menu settings although this might not add much benefit with just 1 remote. 

Hi.

Haven't been able to figure out where, or how to do that.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,237 Posts
Bronze Member

Bo Xamuel:
Ferdinand:
Hi Bo!

Hi Ferdinand.

Oh yeah! 

I remember seeing that done with Beolink 1000 too! Smile

MM solutions is the real solution; set one TV in option 4.

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi.

Maybe I am a bit slow here?

I simply can't figure out what u mean and how to do it...

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,237 Posts
Bronze Member

Bo Xamuel:
Hi.

Maybe I am a bit slow here?

I simply can't figure out what u mean and how to do it...

The BV can must/can be set in an option (depending the setup one have). If you have two BV in one room you set on in option 1 or 2 (see manual which you need) and the second one in option 4.

If you want to controll the second one all remote command have to start with "Link" command. So to start this BV - Link TV. The first BV can be started with TV.

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks. I now set the BV8 to option 4. It turns on when I use the command LINK - TV. The BV 7 doesn't. so far so good. Tried setting the BV 8 to both option 1 and option 2. And when I press only TV on  the remote both tv's still turn on. What's wrong?

Ravsted
Top 500 Contributor
167 Posts
Bronze Member

One TV must stay in option 4

The other in option 1 or 2

I have that scenario as well. I have two TV's very close to eachother. However, I use two remotes. One Beo4 works as usual with the TV in option 1/2. The other remote us set in permanent link mode. You can do that with a combination of key presses on the Beo4. This Beo4 is then controlling the TV in option 6. Since the remote is in permanent link mode you don't have to press link before every command anymore 

Ravsted
Top 500 Contributor
167 Posts
Bronze Member

To get a remote in permanent link mode:

Press STANDBY and LIST button at the same time

Up/Down until you see CONFIG

Press 2, 0, 0, 2 and then the display will show LINK ON

Press EXIT

It requires a minimum SW version in the remote. But try it out. It works on all my MKII and MKIII of the Beo4

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,774 Posts
Bronze Member

Bo Xamuel:

Thanks. I now set the BV8 to option 4. It turns on when I use the command LINK - TV. The BV 7 doesn't. so far so good. Tried setting the BV 8 to both option 1 and option 2. And when I press only TV on  the remote both tv's still turn on. What's wrong?

Be sure that not both BV’s react, when you do the option programming.

Turn one off from the mains and do the programming on the other - then turn that off and do the programming on the first.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,774 Posts
Bronze Member

Ravsted:

I have that scenario as well. I have two TV's very close to eachother. However, I use two remotes. One Beo4 works as usual with the TV in option 1/2. The other remote us set in permanent link mode. You can do that with a combination of key presses on the Beo4. This Beo4 is then controlling the TV in option 6. Since the remote is in permanent link mode you don't have to press link before every command anymore 

If Bo Xamuel has just one Beo4 remote - which is not too old - he can place the Link command from the List to be in the first place, when he pushes List.

This way it will be fairly easy to use the same remote for both tv’s.

Although I must admit that having two remotes set up as you recommend is the best way to go......if you know which is which ;-))

MM

Bo Xamuel
Not Ranked
Denmark
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi.

I did exactly what u told me to the first time, the problem is, that no matter what option the BV 7 is set to (1/2), the BV 8 keeps turning on every time i press tv on the remote used for the BV 7. The BV 7 does not turn on when i use the remote for the BV 8, however. I have a remote for for each set.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL