Beplay M5 not connecting to Google Home App

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

SB
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
SB posted on Mon, Jan 25 2021 7:42 PM

I am having issues connecting my Beoplay M5 to the google home app.  I have the latest speaker software, M5 is showing in the B&O app and the speaker has been set to Chromecast enabled. I have a Chromecast enabled Naim-Muso that shows in the Google Home app. The M5 connected once after a reboot protocol, and now it is not showing at all in the Google Home app.  The M5 speaker works with Spotify connect.

I have done factory reset and it is connected to my WIFI network and it is bluetooth enabled.  Every other chromecast enabled speaker I have appears in the app, paired, but not the M5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Filed under:

All Replies

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
840 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:05 PM

There's another thread going on about this, not specifically for the M5, but more generically across of the Chromecast products

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/45567.aspx

Long story short, it appears to be broken by some changes recently made by Google, and hopefully we'll see an update to fix it soon.

SB
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
SB replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 10:06 PM

Just wanted to inform the Forum members, I did a call with Google chromecast tech support who did an assessment, identified the chromecast version on M5 was an old version. They send me the logs and I sent it to B&O support team. They acknowledged the issue and said they are working on it. As of yesterday my M5 dropped out of my network. I reset it by unplugging and re-plugging it. I assumed there might have been a software update (I have set my M5 for auto software update).

All issues are now resolved. M5 is connecting to Google Home and I can add it to my speaker groups. All working well.

I have to comment both Google Chromecast tech support and B&O customer support. They were both extremely helpful resolving this issue, and grateful for sending them detailed logs from my systems to resolve this issue.

SB
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
SB replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 10:06 PM

Just wanted to inform the Forum members, I did a call with Google chromecast tech support who did an assessment, identified the chromecast version on M5 was an old version. They send me the logs and I sent it to B&O support team. They acknowledged the issue and said they are working on it. As of yesterday my M5 dropped out of my network. I reset it by unplugging and re-plugging it. I assumed there might have been a software update (I have set my M5 for auto software update).

All issues are now resolved. M5 is connecting to Google Home and I can add it to my speaker groups. All working well.

I have to comment both Google Chromecast tech support and B&O customer support. They were both extremely helpful resolving this issue, and grateful for sending them detailed logs from my systems to resolve this issue

Snorreme
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Snorreme replied on Sat, Feb 13 2021 11:12 AM

I have been following this thread as I have a M5 with Theas issues.

Seemd to be fixed, but it is so unstable that the M5 is almost useless.

After reboot the M5 shows up i Spotify, Tidal etc, but wont play. Sometimes it works after trying to connect for 5 minutes. 

Anyone have the same experience?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL