rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

sumilux
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
sumilux posted on Fri, Jan 22 2021 12:33 AM

Hi,

My Beoplay V1 has ancient firmware. Unable to use ethernet and I have no wireless antenna so unable to wifi. I therefore seek a file for the USB method but there is no download link to be found anywhere. 

Has anyone here a file on hand that can be shared or a link.

Any help much appreciated

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

sumilux
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by sumilux

An update on my V1.

B&o replied and were most helpful. They kindly provided two editions of the firmware allowing an incremental upgrade to the final release.

My V1 is fully functional and I'm able to instal PUC's via internet. 

So I am new to this generation of B&o. Owners of V1's reading this have you any advice on improved settings, any tips or tricks. I find the DTV picture in all modes has its gamma set a little bright on the default picture modes. Please share any experiences related to V1 picture adjustment, also tips on beo4 optimisation

Thank you

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,472 Posts
Bronze Member

You have already asked that question - and there was an answer - here:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/41974.aspx?PageIndex=2

Do rwmember that even if you get the latest sw on to the V1, you won’t be able to download any PUC codes, unless you have an internet connection to the tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
240 Posts
Bronze Member

Quite, although I think the issue is that with the old firmware you cannot access the download portal even if the TV is connected via Ethernet/WiFi. Once the firmware is updated via USB the you’ll be able to download PUC tables just fine.

I’m not sure why the old firmware is unable to connect to the download portal, but from experience I know it cannot. 

I think your best option is to contact B&O and request the latest firmware via a support ticket. For some reason it is not on their website any more. 

sumilux
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks, yes I've emailed B&o. Got a response saying they have passed my email on but no answer yet

sumilux
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by sumilux

An update on my V1.

B&o replied and were most helpful. They kindly provided two editions of the firmware allowing an incremental upgrade to the final release.

My V1 is fully functional and I'm able to instal PUC's via internet. 

So I am new to this generation of B&o. Owners of V1's reading this have you any advice on improved settings, any tips or tricks. I find the DTV picture in all modes has its gamma set a little bright on the default picture modes. Please share any experiences related to V1 picture adjustment, also tips on beo4 optimisation

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL