rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Timo
Not Ranked
Germany
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Timo posted on Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:28 PM

I’m the proud owner of a Beomaster 4500 and a Beocord 4500. I recently bought and added a Beogram CD 4500 to the system.

The Beocord communicates seamlessly with the Beomaster and follows the commands given by the Beolink 1000 as usual. However, the Beogram CD does not respond to any command given via the Beolink. In addition the Beomaster does not switch automatically to "CD", if a compact disk is started on the Beogram CD. I need to do that manually.

What is the reason for this? I remember that I somewhere read that it has something to do with the pins of the masterlink cable that connects the Beogram CD with the Beomaster, but can't remember where that was any more. Am I right with this assumption? And what could I do to get that solved?

Thanks for your replies.

All Replies

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
312 Posts
Gold Member
madskp replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:35 PM
Check if the Beogram CD connector has 7 pins. If only 5 or 6 you need a spare pin to screw in the connecter.
Timo
Not Ranked
Germany
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Timo replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:47 PM

Thank you. Then I was definitely on the right track. Just checked the connector. It just has 5 pins and two empty slots. I quickly searched the web to find these pins, but was not successful. Do you have any idea where to purchase them?

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,200 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:49 PM

Timo:

Thank you. Then I was definitely on the right track. Just checked the connector. It just has 5 pins and two empty slots. I quickly searched the web to find these pins, but was not successful. Do you have any idea where to purchase them?

Just use the spare from your beocord:) it has 2(pin 6/7), only need one to work, the other is not connected, they just screw out. I cannot remember right now if it is 6 or 7, just make sure both are the same, try with 6 in both, if not, try with 7 in both :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL