Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

For a bathroom Beolab 7.1 or Beolab 3500? (with bluetooth)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Francois1er
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Gold Member
Francois1er posted on Wed, Jan 20 2021 1:59 PM

Dear B&O Fans,

I want a good sound in my bathroom which is roughly 2 meters wide and 5 meters long. Whichever speaker I choose BL7.1 or BL3500, it will be driven by a tablet over a bluetooth receiver. The BL3500 seems to me the better fit, but its only entry is ML, which I understand requires a special cable and the use of a BO remote control. the BL7.1 has a Powerlink entry for which the cable is much easier to find.

Greetings from Switzerland

François

All Replies

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

I have an M3 in my bathroom and it works perfectly, room isn’t far off the same size too. Sorry I can’t offer insight in to your choice, but it is a worthy alternative. 

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
591 Posts
Gold Member

The MKII Beolab 3500 has a Powerlink socket. I'm am not sure if it will work how you need. Armando also make converters that may help.

Stoobie

Francois1er
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Gold Member

Hi James,

thank you very much for bringing the M3 to my attention. It indeed looks like a great speaker. I think a bar will better fill the room with sound, but it looks like a great alternative, and not a costly one.

Kind regards,

François

Francois1er
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Stoobie,

I thought the Beolab only has a Masterlink entry. If it has a Powerlink too, that's very good

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
591 Posts
Gold Member

Just  make sure it is MK2. MK1 has Masterlink and MCL input. This looks like Powerlink but is not.

Stoobie

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,384 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Jan 21 2021 6:53 AM

I use my BL3500 with a Beolink Converter 1611. The 1611 has an aux input plus it allows you to switch on the 3500 with one button unlike using just a cable. You can also adjust balance, bass, treble etc, which you cannot do with the cable option. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL