kuyttendaele posted on Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:01 PM

More info here:

https://fccid.io/TTUBS-EXPLORE

Another bluetooth speaker 

Karel.

All Replies

How many of these do we need?

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,470 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:44 PM

A new B&O product?
Great...

I remember the time, when the launch of a new B&O product got me excited.
I remember glancing through my local (small town) B&O shop-windows, often long before opening hours, nose flat against the pane, excited to get in and
have a look and a feel and perhaps bring home the new catalogue.

Would I ever be able to buy any of it? - Probably not - but that didn't mean that the assistants were reluctant to show me the new products.
Not unlike when the new ABBA album was to be released. Just standing there, waiting for the shop to open so I could get in and have a listen (on the B&O Beogram 4002-based record bar of course).
Those were the times...

Now, I can buy pretty much what I want to own - as can most people - but I can't be bothered with any of the newer products, B&O or otherwise.
Whenever I find myself buying something, it's usually some of the older stuff.
- And it's usually not from a shop presenting it in the windows.

Noones excited anymore.
Noones impressed by anything anylonger.
Even I.
We are not an easy market.

Even if I'm old enough to know how much data 1Gb really is (it's a lot!), I just ordered a dozen 256 Gb USB memory sticks in order to do selected picking of files from my four 10-Terabyte discs - and didn't think much about it. 

A new Bang & Olufsen product? - I still raise my ears a bit, but oh, yet another Bluetooth speaker...
Well, I will most likely look at photos of it and perhaps listen to one if I come across it in a shop as I have done a few of the previous models, but it wouldn't see me standing in the rain, waiting for the shop to open, just to get close to it.

Sad world we've made.
What would it take to change it?

Anyway, somewhere inside I'm still hoping this new product will be impressive, - that it will bring back the feeling,
but times are difficult.

Martin

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
512 Posts
Gold Member
Some kind of clip-on the go speaker?, to ‘explore’ ...

Let’s wait and see.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,470 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 5:52 PM

Belt-speaker?

Martin

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
617 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 6:03 PM
Ferdinand:

Some kind of clip-on the go speaker?, to ‘explore’ ...

Let’s wait and see.

To me it looks like a portable Sonos One, with a strap/handle Smile

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,837 Posts
Gold Member
Yes kind of

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Pindsen
Not Ranked
Denmark
24 Posts
Bronze Member

Either this is an extra to the existing product program or we will see a phase out of an existing product?

/Pindsen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,264 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 10:26 PM

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

How many of these do we need?

The thing is, they sell, however much BeoWorld users want unique products, such as a new landline or standalone music controller.

I think B&O has finally realised us old-skool customers are just not a true reflection of how to manage a successful technology company in 2021. Sure they sell some Harmony and Eclipse TVs, but the primary sales now come from headphones, wireless speakers and similar devices. Made in China, cheaply, then sold for £2000+

Even I'm guilty of buying way too many of these. I own:

2 x BeoSound 2 (with GVA)
1 x BeoSound 1 (with GVA)
1 x Edge
1 x Balance
....plus various bluetooth speakers (2 A1's, a P2 etc).

And I have, effectively, a 4 room apartment. You do the maths. I have more speakers than rooms! And still want a Shape!

In addition, I can't use these speakers without GVA now. Once you get used to it, going back to finding music on a controller is just so cumbersome. I use the Balance in the office and can quickly tell it to increase the volume, turn it off if a call comes in, switch to a different radio station and even find stations which take me time to find on the iPad. All with my voice.

Now you see why I don't get on with my Halo Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL