rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Lund
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Lund posted on Mon, Jan 18 2021 9:25 PM

Hi

I'm totally new to this forum, so I will apologize on beforehand if this question have been answered before.

I am looking into buying a Beomaster 5500 setup (not including a Beogram)

Is it possible to connect a record player from a different brand to the Beomaster 5500?

All Replies

Homersaurus
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is possible to connect a non B&O turntable to a BM5500; the BM5500 offers 5 pin DIN and also phono sockets for the turntable.  Compared to a Beomaster 6500, the BM5500 contains the RIAA amplifier that is required to connect non B&O turntables or a Beogram 5500.   To use a non B&O turntable with a BM6500 requires a separate RIAA amplifier so that is why I opted for a BM5500.

My first purchase of B&O was a BM5500 to replace a tuner and amplifier separates and use with a non B&O turntable.  You will need a remote to use the BM5500; I would suggest a Beolink 1000 or MCP 5500.

Over time, I added a Beogram CD 5500 and Beogram 5500 because of the excellent level of integration of the B&O equipment; it all works with one button on the remote and the ability to control the individual units is good.  If you end up with a Beocord 5500, then an MCP 5500 will be needed,

If you browse through this forum or us the Search facility you will find a lot more information but I suggest you download a manual for the Beosystem 5500.   Enjoy !

Lund
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Lund replied on Wed, Jan 20 2021 9:00 AM

Thank You.

I will give it a go.

I have also considered finding a complete functioning 7000 system. But the ones I have found are quite pricy - even here in Denmark.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL