Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Barry Santini Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2021 6:55 PM
Hi

It seems to me there are parallels.

Classic cars—those over 25 to 30 years old and more—no longer have performance or electronic advancements and capabilities of the latest models. Yet owners still relish and enjoy them.

Q: Why so little luv for 10-20 year old Beovisions?

I have Beovision 8, an original 32 Avant, a Beovision 9 and several Beovision 10s that work wondetfully and give me pleasure everyday. Each was purchase new or near new.

What is the difference if they provide the owner enjoyment?
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 810
Gold Member

No difference! I had the same products (still have the BV8 though it doesn’t get used) and agree with you! I’ve said it before... sometimes I change just for the sake of it but then when I upgrade I always then miss what I had before! I suppose the BeoSound 9000 is the product I miss the most but I would never buy one now that you can’t source lasers. The product is defunct for me for this reason. 

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Jan 18 2021 2:46 PM

I loved my original Avant 32 Flatscreen - it had an excellent picture and the sound was fantastic, however it didn't have HDMI which I needed for Apple TV so I bought a BV8-32 instead - the sound from the stereo with speakers plugged into the BV8 instead of the Avant was nowhere near as good as it was with the Avant. Time moved on and I got caught up with getting a bigger screen and 4k etc. Made a big mistake and bought a Sharpe TV as it was cheap - picture is ok but only on 1080i with Apple TV - sound is appalling and it needs a sounder. Luckily I still have my BV8-32 and am going back to that and use the Sharpe TV as a monitor for my gaming PC.

It is the same as cars as I haven old XC70 that has never broken down and is comfortable - twice I tried to replace it and twice with an Audi TT - but the Volvo I always end up going back too as it is just so useful and doesn't have any overcomplicated electronics.

Good job in both cases that I didn't sell what works and then change!

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

It's all about character?

The older products have it in oodles,and so of course do old car's!

Modern product impersonally designed by computer and built by robot's,just does'nt do it for me!

Oh,and by the way,laser's are available for the Beosound 9000,a truly unique machine,and a good example of what B&O used to be all about!

Nick

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:28 PM

Inspired by this thread I swapped out the cheap 40" TV and went back to BV8 - although the screen is smaller it is much better quality, colour is more realistic and I had forgotten how good the sound is.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Andrew:

Inspired by this thread I swapped out the cheap 40" TV and went back to BV8 - although the screen is smaller it is much better quality, colour is more realistic and I had forgotten how good the sound is.

👍
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 810
Gold Member

Solderon... could you please share further details about the availability of lasers for the BS9000? Thanks.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL