Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,563 Posts
Gold Member
Aussie Michael posted on Fri, Jan 15 2021 10:20 PM

Hi

I have a BV14-40 in the bedroom and sadly the only magic that happens at 4 am is that the BV14 light comes on and then it goes off. 

I haven't been at this house for most of the year and forgot that it was an 'issue'

Sidebar:

- At a point the TV used to turn on (green light and the screen) at 2 or so and do 'updates' to the google play apps and i tried turning this off at a point where i just reinstalled the whole TV and that fixed that issue.

- When i reinstalled the TV (android etc) i deleted the deezer app that comes with the TV that didn't work and downloaded the one from the google play store which did work. 

So the TV has been solid, no issues, but the one thing I can't seem to work out is why the TV light comes on.

On the BeoTool app the BV14 is always "offline" until you turn it on and it shows as online as all the other devices 

I don't have any timers set on the BV14, it does show start up timers at 3:03 (oddly) but there are no days checked in the checkbox against them so i'm assuming it's not valid 

I have turned off the wifi as i have only ethernet running to the TV but have Wake On LAN enabled so i can use the iphone app if i want. 

I have been through the entire menu structure to see if it's something at 4, but can't see anything.

This thread is not to really discuss the android kernel or how old the android lollipop version is and yes I know B&O are not even interested, but to find out:

- does anyone else have this on their BV14 or other android TV?

- And if so have they found a solution?  

Thanks and hope you all have a great weekend 

All Replies

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Sat, Jan 16 2021 9:45 AM

My Horizon starts itself every now and then (in the afternoon or in the middle of the night). No idea what triggers it to start. I do not use timers. I fear it is a bug in the software.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,185 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Jan 16 2021 9:52 AM

BartS:

My Horizon starts itself every now and then (in the afternoon or in the middle of the night). No idea what triggers it to start. I do not use timers. I fear it is a bug in the software.

My Humax Freeview tuner used to do this (by design) to search for new firmware/software or Freeview channels.   Perhaps that's the reason.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL