Beosound 5 Encore power supply missing

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

cc31
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
cc31 posted on Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:13 AM

I have lost the power supply to my Beosound 5 Encore and am wondering what to do.

Is there anything I can use as a replacement or can anyone recommend where to get a new one?

Thank you very much! 

All Replies

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,375 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 12:00 PM

Sadly B&O discontinued the power supply years ago. Extremely difficult to find as its specifically made for the Beosound 5. I suggest you try and find the one you had. 

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
567 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:52 PM

Way back in 2014, the PSU was already discontinued nd there is no stock anywhere!

You may be able to put one together with two PSUs - one 30v/0.7A and one 7v/0.5A. The 7v line is used for standby.

Not sure about the connector to the Encore though - I haven't seen it!

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,341 Posts
Founder

frog:
You may be able to put one together with two PSUs - one 30v/0.7A and one 7v/0.5A. The 7v line is used for standby.

May be more difficult than you think. I am sure you can find suitable power supplies for each of the voltage requirements, but the issue will be controlling the off/on of the supply. Note the PS_ON signal on pin 4

Regards Keith....

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
567 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 12:51 AM

It’s a good question. Would be useful if someone who actually had one put a meter on that pin to see what voltages it ran at. I hope it isn’t a ttl voltage otherwise it could be a data line.

cc31
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
cc31 replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 3:09 AM

Thank you for your help

If I were to use the two PSUs together, you pointed out that the PS_ON signal on pin 4 would be an issue.

Do you have solutions or suggestions for this problem?

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,341 Posts
Founder

frog:
Would be useful if someone who actually had one put a meter on that pin to see what voltages it ran at. I hope it isn’t a ttl voltage otherwise it could be a data line.

It is a voltage. 6.3 volts is the on state..

Regards Keith....

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
567 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Jan 16 2021 4:27 PM

interesting. So joining pin 3 & 4 may make it work.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,814 Posts
Founder

Eh, why?

The PS-on comes from the Encore which triggers the 30V PSU. No data on that line. None of the PSU’s used in B&O products carriers data on the PS-ON. It’s just a trigger/state for switching on/off. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL