Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Level - new soundbar?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 158 Replies | 3 Followers

sd2100
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
sd2100 posted on Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:01 PM

https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-BEOSOUNDLEVEL

All Replies

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
46 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 8:45 PM

Sorry I don't come on here much at all. 

It was good reading through all  these comment though, thanks. It's a hard label to shift as at the end of the day I work in a dealership but I do say what I really think. If I don't like something I will either bring it up as a negative or just stick to facts with no opinion or just not make a video. The E6 earphone video is an example, I remember not being very impressed and I said as much.

I'm not an official brand ambassador so B&O don't have any input into the content on my channel. It really is just me doing something I like. 

AnalogPlanet you are 100% right, going to listen for yourself is always the best way, just because I prefer something doesn't mean everyone will, although it's really nice that a lot of people seem to trust what I say. 

Just to elaborate a little on the BS1/BS2/Level comparison, I cut a little out as to not make the video too long. 

I certainly think Level out classes the Beosound 1 sound wise in every way. (Not that BS1 sounds bad) 

With Beosound 2 I said I prefer to sit in front of Level for it's more direct stereo sound. Beosound 2 is lovely and still remains a firm favourite. 

Beosound 2 may fill a larger space, with it being mains powered and 360 in nature also it has a little more oomph but I find Level more pleasing to listen to, especially at low to mid volume levels. 

In my living room where I filmed the video (and my kitchen for that matter) I was staggered by the clarity and composure of the sound that Level gave out. It really is a fantastic little audio system. 

So much so I would like to buy a grey one to replace my M3 in the kitchen. 

Hope this clears things up a bit, but it's best to listen for yourself. All the best everyone....

John from B&O Manchester. 

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
542 Posts
Bronze Member

Old thread, but anybody who reads down this far might care to look at the Wired Magazine (UK) review of the Level 2/11/2021:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bang-olufsen-beosound-level-review

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
804 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Mar 3 2021 5:51 PM

trackbeo:

Old thread, but anybody who reads down this far might care to look at the Wired Magazine (UK) review of the Level 2/11/2021:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bang-olufsen-beosound-level-review

I've been trialing the Level for ~2 weeks now and believe this review is pretty spot on.  Like the reviewer, I'm also having difficulty finding a perfect spot for it in my kitchen (one of the complaints brought out in the above review). This, and the lack of NL is what is keeping on the fence from buying it. 

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
204 Posts
Gold Member

Stan:
This, and the lack of NL is what is keeping on the fence from buying it. 

After release I was only able to hold myself back a few days before ordering one.  It is just such a beautiful, timeless design with fantastic audio performance specifications.

It looks and sounds every bit as beautiful as expected, but the lack of NL compatibility has had me seriously consider returning it.  It is not just the frustration of not being able to join the sound stream playing elsewhere in my house.  It's also the horrible integration with the app.

All the rest of my great gets control, configured, and operated through the B&O app.  But the Level requires me to switch between the B&O and Deezer apps.  And if I start casting Deezer from my phone I can't take over the playlist from my iPad.

There's also the problem that the streaming services available for the Level are completely different from the services on the other 10 B&O streaming devices I own.  I've been using Deezer and TuneIn for the past 6 years, but neither legacy service works on the new Level.  And the new services don't work on my legacy equipment, so even the terrible option of switching everything over isn't available.

The whole things just feels like such a mess.

Sad

If you don't have immediate need, I'd honestly recommend waiting until NL shows up.  If I had known that it would be this annoying to use the Level I wouldn't have bought it.  I finally decided to hold on to it, given the expectation that it will work with NL later this year.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  11x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,307 Posts
Bronze Member

laseralex:

There's also the problem that the streaming services available for the Level are completely different from the services on the other 10 B&O streaming devices I own.  I've been using Deezer and TuneIn for the past 6 years, but neither legacy service works on the new Level.  And the new services don't work on my legacy equipment, so even the terrible option of switching everything over isn't available.

Oh that's not good. I use TuneIn on both the Balance and BeoSound 2 to stream Virgin Radio! I can simply shout out to the speaker with GVA to stream it, too, so no need for a device to control.

Maybe the lack of TuneIn is regional? Definitely works here on my current products.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
804 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Mar 4 2021 2:43 PM

With GVA (you may already know this, but it was news to me, and I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled on to this), you have more options on streaming sources.  It seems that any source that can "cast" to google is available via GVA.  For example, up thread, laseralex helped me add a station to TuneIn that had moved to Radio.com so my older devices can use it.  With the Level, I can just say "play wxrt", and it responds "playing wxrt from radio.com".  I can tell it to "play wdcb" and it responds "playing wdcb from TuneIn".  This works even though the Level doesn't "support" TuneIn or Radio.com.  What you lose is the abililty to "join" to the services started via GVA because Chromecast sources are not joinable.  I suppose once you get used to using GVA, then maybe some of these NL features are less important.  Of course, since the Level doesn't support NL, you lose nothing (except some privacy). 

Also, if you start a B&O radio source by pressing one of the buttons, then you can't shut it off with GVA, but you can adjust volume.  Alternatively, if you program a button with the GVA command, then you can turn it off as well, but it doesn't know how to use B&O radio... so if there's a station that is only available on B&O Radio and not another google cast-able source, then you can't voice control it.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,415 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, so it seems that Level sounds better than BS1 and is close to BS2, but how about the Beolit 15/17 comparison ?

My Beolit 15 is still running strong, so appart from a design point of vue (find the Level very very nice) I suspect I'll be disappointed by the sound spending 1.200 € (vs 500 € of the Beolit).

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,928 Posts
Bronze Member
By that standard bl90’s sound meh because they’re 2.5x bl50’sStick out tongue

But the level does sound a lot better than a beolit, but obviously it depends on what you’re after. Beolit’s do a lot of volume very wellSmile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
804 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Mar 5 2021 6:16 PM

It really depends on the music you listen to, and how much you value lower bass vs upper/mid-range.  With ~90% of the music I listen to, the BS2 sounds much better than the Level, not even close.  To me, where the Level ever so slightly beats the BS2 is with complex, high and mid-range heavy music (most classical, some acoustic and singing/piano-y jazz).  I've never considered myself a "bass-head", but I find on most music (rock, some jazz, pop, electronic), I miss the BS2's punchy, controlled bass. The Level reminds me a lot of the BL6000s - "great for its size", sounds great for some music, but really lacking in the bottom end.... which isn't surprising when you look at the Level's design - it's only ~2 inches thick.  I've really only listened to the Level in it's upright position.  

I've never heard the Beolit 15/17.  My guess is it would sound quite a bit better in the upper registers, and maybe a little weaker in the lower bass, but the bass it does provide is probably much better controlled.  When it comes to value judgements, that's up to you.  If Beolit sounds anything like the M3, I'd say its totally worth it, but, again, everyone values money differently.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,415 Posts
Bronze Member

The "problem" I have is that I really think the Beolit 15 sounds good for it's size, very loud and punchy for the kids (now young adults) and me.

But the Level is very nice for my eyes, reminds me of a Jacob Jensen product, and it's important !

In fact, I think I have to try the Level in the shop now that a  store reopenend in my town.

Cheers !

Skiniplay
Not Ranked
France
2 Posts
Bronze Member

We can't give a date yet, but we're working hard on it. Wink

Skiniplay.com - Make your Beoplay - Beosound - Beolab unique!

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
227 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Apr 22 2021 9:39 PM

Circling back on Level...

Has anyone placed the oak grill on the aluminum body? I’d like to see this very much (or would even settle for a photoshop, if someone is bored and has interest).

And does anyone know what the oak grill sells for separately? I like the wood much more than the fabric but wouldn’t buy a gold colored piece. I’d have to combine them. :)

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,037 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 9:17 AM

well that really does look very nice.

It really is by far the best design of the recent bunch of products.

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
227 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 12:58 PM

Sharp looking! Very sharp. Gracias, matador!

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Page 10 of 11 (159 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL