https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-BEOSOUNDLEVEL

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
644 Posts
Gold Member
OlivierC:

I’d like to see a BS Level Vs. BS 1 comparison.

They are in the same price bracket and they seem to have similar specs.

Olivier

According to John from B&O Manchester (see youtube) the BS1 is being decrowned by the Level. I would recon this also as the Level has 2 4” bass drivers

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Saxpy
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 12:45 PM

Duels:
I actually wasn’t too impressed from the initial pictures. But having seen it in the video I really like it. (I’ve also been around B&O long enough to know that everything always looks so much nicer in the flesh.)

It seems like a very well thought-out product even down to the elegance of the charging solutions.

I couldn't agree more, and I like the wall bracket as well. Classic attention to details and clever solutions, well done B&O.

driehoek
Not Ranked
37 Posts
Bronze Member

I really like this product from first look. Great level of detail in the design that are extremely attractive like magnetic charger, wall bracket, auto change omni directional when flat on surface vs clear stereo separation/simulation when standing, aluminium elements etc. Also very consistent b&o design with oak and aluminium elements. Well done B&O. 

Now just add netlink please!

Specs wise it reminds me most of A6. Would be good to hear in real life as on paper A6 is more powerful but I think A6 lacked clarity in treble.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,561 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 3:16 PM

John from B&O Manchester are you reading here? Thank you for the very good video!

The classic aluminium variant looks good. Will there be an aluminium faceplate, too or only the Kvadrat?
The backlit buttons look very nice and it's a very welcome addition that you can replace the battery by yourself and that the modular hardware is future proof. A welcome step forward!

The wood version is too dangerous in a kitchen: Lying on a table you could easily confuse it for a cutting board. I don't want to imagine somebody cutting fresh bread on a Beosound level... Smile

Wall mount:
Can I mount it to the wall AND use line-in and Ethernet connection? John's video showed it behind the charging port with a service flap to remove... any infors on this?

Will it support Bluetooth aptX codec?

Top 200 Contributor
463 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 5:02 PM

TWG:

The wood version is too dangerous in a kitchen: Lying on a table you could easily confuse it for a cutting board. I don't want to imagine somebody cutting fresh bread on a Beosound level... Smile

I guess the dust protection doubles as a crust and crumble protection :P

TWG:

Wall mount:
Can I mount it to the wall AND use line-in and Ethernet connection? John's video showed it behind the charging port with a service flap to remove... any infors on this?

If you don’t use the snap-on mount I guess so. You then charge via usb C instead of through the magnetic charger.

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
223 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Feb 5 2021 6:43 PM

Design is top notch - I miss my original Beosound 1, and I agree with the resemblance. Seems like it's sonically solid, too.

The issue I have is that, I already have so many portable/moveable speakers. I kind of wish this was a mains-only speaker. I know some of you are probably asking why that matters... just does to me, I guess. Mind you, it seems it would be possible to simply remove the battery, and just keep it plugged in.

Price point is a bit hard to justify for me, when there are several within the same range.

I was also hoping that B&O could have planned for this a bit better, to make these connectable to the Stage, as added surround speakers ... then boom - 5.0 with 2 Levels, 7.0 with 4 Levels. Would be a bit pricey, but there you go. Not even sure if a software update would even be possible to make that happen.

*Sorry if any of this repeats opinions earlier in the thread, but they're my opinions too Yes - thumbs up

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
781 Posts
Bronze Member

Just seen John's video. Interesting that he chooses it over the BeoSound 2, I wasn't expecting that. I'd love to hear this in person as it sounds very impressive, especially given its small size. Hopefully this will be a perfect addition to my main bedroom but if it does outdo the BeoSound 2 in my lounge then I may have to swap them over! Thanks for a great video once again John.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:
Interesting that he chooses it over the BeoSound 2, I wasn't expecting that.

With full respect to John's integrity, it is his job to make us excited about new products. As it is for other brand ambassadors. 

For all new buyers I still believe it will be optimal to listen to the Level next to BS2 in the dealer's shop (if possible). That said, I am tempted to buy one just based on its looks. Big Smile

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
644 Posts
Gold Member
The Beonic Man:

Just seen John's video. Interesting that he chooses it over the BeoSound 2, I wasn't expecting that. I'd love to hear this in person as it sounds very impressive, especially given its small size. Hopefully this will be a perfect addition to my main bedroom but if it does outdo the BeoSound 2 in my lounge then I may have to swap them over! Thanks for a great video once again John.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

I thought John stated that the Level is better then the BS1. A BS2 is a lot to chew for the Level imo.

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
463 Posts
Gold Member
Absolutely a stunning presentation by John.

And I have to admit that I really adore this speaker system.

Well done - I hope it will turn out good for B&O.

And also interesting is the Mozart foundation whatever that is - it it seems like a future uniform platform with seamless integration and features. Crossing fingers.
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
888 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle:

Design is top notch - I miss my original Beosound 1, and I agree with the resemblance. Seems like it's sonically solid, too.

The issue I have is that, I already have so many portable/moveable speakers. I kind of wish this was a mains-only speaker. I know some of you are probably asking why that matters... just does to me, I guess. Mind you, it seems it would be possible to simply remove the battery, and just keep it plugged in.

Price point is a bit hard to justify for me, when there are several within the same range.

I was also hoping that B&O could have planned for this a bit better, to make these connectable to the Stage, as added surround speakers ... then boom - 5.0 with 2 Levels, 7.0 with 4 Levels. Would be a bit pricey, but there you go. Not even sure if a software update would even be possible to make that happen.

*Sorry if any of this repeats opinions earlier in the thread, but they're my opinions too

100% same with me. Love it, already too many speakers though, connectivity with stage / beovision would be amazing. Fingers crossed what mozart will bring...
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,886 Posts
Gold Member

did another video of the sound here with it all in different positions, it sounds fairly accurately representative of my headphones actually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcI70OKTkLI&feature=youtu.be

-Michael

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for another video Michael - great and informative as always! Maybe for your consideration to include some electonic music and DM into the playlist... was great for example to have that rock track at the end after few more soft female vocalist/ambiental tracks that B&O typically likes to use to demo their speakers. 

And I need to say... I totally feel I need BS Level! :D

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,886 Posts
Gold Member
If you or anyone else knows of anything that happens to be copyright free i’d be happy to ad that to the playlist, it just took me for ever to find something decent that doesn’t immidiately get struck down Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Sat, Feb 6 2021 2:14 PM

kuyttendaele:

Excellent new product! Good design... fantastic features! The wood version is drooling good looking.

I hope that this is a seller!

I just read a review and watched a video about the Level and this product looks fantastic. It is beautiful and what an excellent choice to make the battery and "system chip" replaceable.

Review with pictures: Test af B&O Beosound Level: Bæredygtig højttaler er B&O, når det er bedst - Lyd - Digitalt - Livsstil (jyllands-posten.dk)

Page 9 of 10 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL