Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Level - new soundbar?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 158 Replies | 3 Followers

sd2100
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
sd2100 posted on Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:01 PM

https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-BEOSOUNDLEVEL

All Replies

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
694 Posts
Founder

That is just AWESOME! After long time in my opinion, a product comes out on the basis of B&O standards and tradition. It resembles Beosystem 10 and it is truly going to be iconic as it seems they have pre-thought on compatibility and future upgrades possibilities. Will definitely buy! 

Dimitris-

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,127 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:34 PM

Yes, I ve been saying this for a while.

The B&O app seems to have moved to maintenance / bug fixes for 2 years now, and the App just becomes a setup venue.

Doesn't bother me specifically, others may care to a different degree, I dont really know.

mbolo01:

Sandyb:
i.e that Airplay / CC and voice would be the primary control paradigms.

..... and that the B&O app will only be a setup/diag/information tool, not more.

Signs of this direction IMO, there is no more B&O app enhancements/fixes in the music area since a while, on the other side new Support, Diagnostic, History sections are being developed.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,127 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:37 PM

Will non CC stereo pairing be available though?

Adding some form of NL is a different question - joining one Level via NL to another isn't stereo pairing (which I'm sure everyone knows_

AnalogPlanet:

Wonderful thing, need one at minimum once NL or equivalent and compatibility with Beoremote Halo is in place. And more units once stereo pairing is possible as "native" not through Chromecast as that fundamentally limits usability for anyone who want to use built-in streaming or is not in Google ecosystem.

Very eager to hear how it sounds! Supergood job B&O! Wink

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
300 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 1:06 PM

Level or a pre-loved BeoSound 2...? Which and why?

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

BeoAnna
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member

Curly:

Level or a pre-loved BeoSound 2...? Which and why?

I guess it really depends what you want from the speaker.

Personally I own the BS2, BS1, BeoLit 17, and a couple of A1’s so while I have yet to listen to the Level I am familiar with both the BS1 and BS2 and I feel that the BS1 and Level are a little similar in that they’re rather powerful semi-portable speakers with a battery inside.

From a purely acoustic perspective I absolutely do not see the Level matching up with the BS2. As it stands the BS2 blows away the BS1, and with its Acoustic Lens and its 5 1/4” woofer the BS2 is unbelievably good at filling a very decent sized room with chest-thumping music. I’m a huge fan of the BS2 and will be keeping mine until it cannot be serviced anymore. I’ve always said that the BeoSound is more of a BeoLab speaker.

Aesthetically I love both the BS2 and Level, but extra points will have to go to the Level purely because I love some of the BeoMaster design elements it possesses; it truly is a classic and I’ll definitely be very happy to own one.

Ultimately I can see myself owning both as I’m sure that the Level will fit right at home in a smaller room.

If I could only choose one speaker though, it’ll probably be the BS2 because for me the sound will always come first.

As always though everyone’s entitled to their own preferences!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,127 Posts
Bronze Member

Agreed - not only does the BS2 sound good deal better than the BS1, I would take some convincing that the Level sounds as good as the BS2.

Different configuration of course in the Level, and different ethos, so I may well be surprised.

But absent a direct comparison, the BS2 is so very good (and close to my favourite A9 MK2)

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
300 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 1:42 PM

I’m tempted to agree with you (obviously not having heard Level yet). BS2 for the acoustic lens and larger woofer. :)

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
656 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
Will non CC stereo pairing be available though?

That's what I hope for, as CC is not a real solution. But no, I have never heard any indication that such (non-CC) feature is even considered.

RichardIII
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member

The best part of the level imo? The upgradability! Battery, cover of course, but also the internal streaming chip. This means it’s really futureproof and makes you enjoy the level much much longer (and helps to battle the e-waste problem as well) Big Smile compare this with Sonos for example, who will brick the devices you bought after a few years when Sonos decides they have become ‘obsolete’.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,359 Posts
Bronze Member

RichardIII:
but also the internal streaming chip.

I would not call it "futureproof" until further details. The fact it has a little door to access it is a good thing but without a common standard for the board (maybe to come) and without any idea on cost we also might end up throwing the thing because uprgade cost close or more than a whole new speaker. (maybe like MMC cartridges are now, often more expensive than a whole deck).

I must say it's very good marketing, still.

ga53n
Not Ranked
Hamburg, Germany
17 Posts
Bronze Member
ga53n replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:39 PM
I would have loved tunein integration.

I need something to switch on the radio in the morning with just one button.
Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:45 PM

It does feature internet radio, albeit not TuneIn but B&O’s own internet radio service.

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
223 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:52 PM

A bit confused by something, and can't quite figure this out.... 

Is it a BT/wireless speaker designed to be charged up when low on battery, or a mains-powered speaker that has the option to be portable? 

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Bronze Member
What a nice speaker(system). But no TuneIn. Why ??
Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 7:08 PM

Essentially both and that makes it unique! But portability, IP-rating and ease of attaching the magnet charger means that actual ease of use of the battery mode is much higher than with the BeoSound 1.

Page 7 of 11 (159 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL