Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Level - new soundbar?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 158 Replies | 3 Followers

sd2100
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
sd2100 posted on Fri, Jan 8 2021 1:01 PM

https://fccid.io/RR-BOA-BEOSOUNDLEVEL

All Replies

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member
nico vercammen:

Indeed, really hope they make the network link update quickly :-)

Or it has been dropped and will rely purely on Airplay 2, Chromecast and Spotify Connect. Surprise

Probably no issue for new owners, only for those with existing equipment.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
794 Posts
Gold Member

BeoAnna:

I’m 100% sold. This is jaw-dropping. This is such a perfect blend of modern and classic design and I particularly love the black strip with the illuminated lights behind them as they remind me of the BeoMaster systems of the past.

This is honestly one of the most B&O designs I’ve seen in an extremely long time. Couldn’t be happier! Well done!

I agree. A really nice touch and I too think this is a great product design that no doubt will sound fantastic. Very happy for B&O and hope to see many sales. I will buy one for my main bedroom. Great job guys.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
So the spec sheet says something about the Connected speakers (range, I guess).

Is this the new platform which has been referred to in the past?
Top 150 Contributor
505 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 10:02 AM

Connected Speakers is the name for all speakers with CC/AP2 (has been for a while), as opposed to the Bluetooth-only speakers.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 10:24 AM

Ah ok - though it doesn't say the same thing in the Balance spec / product sheet.

That may just be an oversight, and it should be in the Balance sheet.

Back in my box then...

1990:

Connected Speakers is the name for all speakers with CC/AP2 (has been for a while), as opposed to the Bluetooth-only speakers.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,815 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 10:50 AM

According to BOTF B&O will release an update of the level to be compatible with the Halo in Q1/Q2 and the update for NL is planned for Q3/Q4 Smile

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,059 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 10:51 AM

Fantastic!!!!! Smile

I want one!

As for NL, Henrik from BOTF said "it will have BeoRemote Halo Support in Q1-Q2 and BeoLink Support in Q3-Q4"

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
707 Posts
Gold Member
Steph:

Fantastic!!!!!

I want one!

As for NL, Henrik from BOTF said "it will have BeoRemote Halo Support in Q1-Q2 and BeoLink Support in Q3-Q4"

That would be great, as soon as it has NL I’ll buy one. So please B&O, hurry with the update!

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
641 Posts
Bronze Member

Wonderful thing, need one at minimum once NL or equivalent and compatibility with Beoremote Halo is in place. And more units once stereo pairing is possible as "native" not through Chromecast as that fundamentally limits usability for anyone who want to use built-in streaming or is not in Google ecosystem.

Very eager to hear how it sounds! Supergood job B&O! Wink

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
343 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:19 AM

What I have noticed is that DEEZER is NOT integrated in the Level or in the Balance. 

Is this the "new" thing that we will not be able to use Deezer with the B&O-app anymore with all new products from the new plattform? What I can see it is just Chromecast support, and with that You must use the native streaming app to controll the music. 

Regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5, Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. Beoremote HALO (new), 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5 (new)

xegoon
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
xegoon replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:27 AM

B&O meets Apple MagSafe...

_BeoSound Essence / _BeoLab 3 + BeoLab 2 / _BeoVision 6-26" MKII (HDMI version) / _Form 2

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:08 PM

This does seem to highlight the direction B&O are going (and what was explained to me by my dealer a while back after one of the big dealer meetings)

i.e that Airplay / CC and voice would be the primary control paradigms.

The implication of that decision seems to me the the B&O app would gain less emphasis and development resources, and I think over the last year or two we have seen just that.

Martin:

What I have noticed is that DEEZER is NOT integrated in the Level or in the Balance. 

Is this the "new" thing that we will not be able to use Deezer with the B&O-app anymore with all new products from the new plattform? What I can see it is just Chromecast support, and with that You must use the native streaming app to controll the music. 

Regards

Martin

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,300 Posts
Bronze Member

I am pleased with the support for Spotify Connect - after all that is my main music source.

If you need Roon there just use CC as endpoint - should be sufficient for that sort of system.

And as per statement from Henrik/BOTF there will be support for NL later this year.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member

But why is the new BS Level compatible with Beoremote ONE but the BS Balance not?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member

Sandyb:
i.e that Airplay / CC and voice would be the primary control paradigms.

..... and that the B&O app will only be a setup/diag/information tool, not more.

Signs of this direction IMO, there is no more B&O app enhancements/fixes in the music area since a while, on the other side new Support, Diagnostic, History sections are being developed.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 6 of 11 (159 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL