Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
55 Posts
Bronze Member
Giovanni posted on Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:36 PM

Hi there

Just to let you know that I created an integration between Masterlink Gateway and Beolink Gateway with Home Assistant with some really cool functionality to tap directly into the Masterlink bus and enable all kinds of fun integrations like controlling your digital streaming from your old school Beolink devices.

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

All Replies

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
55 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Baaz

So I looked at your error logs. In the first one (manual), you are configuring the plugin twice, probably manually and automatically, so you should remove the automatic integration configuration.

I am not sure what is causing the out of bounds error. It looks like the configuration file may be mistyped - the "available_sources" config item does not get through to the plugin. Did you check that spacing is correct in the yaml?

In the second one, the problem you are facing is something I haven't yet figured out. When the audiomaster starts an own source , it doesn't tell the ML bus that is happening, so we cannot detect it in the plugin. Unfortunately, we can only detect reliably when a speaker turns on to a specific source.

Let's try to debug issue #1.. can you remove the autoconfig and only keep the yaml configuration and resend me the logs?

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Giovanni,

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, when You say remove the automatic configuration would that be in the config_flow.py?

Sorry

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
55 Posts
Bronze Member

No just Delete the mlgw from the "Integrations" configuration of home assistant. You want either that one or the configuration.yaml, but not both.

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Aha, my programming skills...

Progress! now it will start, I have my two resources and can shift between these. Buttons pause/play and volume still not working.

When I turn it off i won't start again and when I restart the homeassistant server my two beolab 8000 connected to the audiomaster

turns on Beomaster 5 does not. 

enclosing three files

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member
Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

and 3rd

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Looks like the 3rd file got stuk, I noticed it was the same yaml as earlier sent...

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Stuck...

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
55 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi

So it's a bit hard to follow the logs and your issues. I see the volume commands go out to the beomaster 5 so not sure that there is a problem there. I did make a change to the play/stop code. Try re-installing from github

It works for me now. 

You can test it by calling "media_player.media_pause" and media_player.media_play from the Configuration->Developer tools->Services panel

That said, the mini media player is kind of funky . I use this configuration in the UI

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.studio
volume_stateless: true
hide:
  play_pause: false
  play_stop: false

And that works for me.

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

hi Abakus2007

In order to help you, I would like to know a few things about your audio / video system:

Can you describe your system and the settings of the various devices?Is the Bs5 connected to a Beovision? How is the Option parameter set? 0 or 2

B&O manuals show: "When an audio master is used in Option 0, it acts as a source center for the video master even though it is controlled through the video master".

Have you configured the bs5 to work with the mlgw / blgw? (I am attaching a file where it describes how to set it up)?

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi all,

first - volume, my bad, there was a delay and small steps, i did not notice the change, so that is working.

second - I made it very simple so I did not install mini-media-player but used the default card.

Now I have installed the mini-media-player and that works, the on/off button only works once though.
but the sources remain visible and these work for turning the device on/off. So now, so far, all functions work.

Also tested the Service panel calling various sources and that also works but not buttons on the default card.

The speakers connected to the beomaster still turn on when home assistant i restarted but that is really no problem.

Have activated/included the MLGW function in the registry in windows. 

In respect of the system att the moment I've only included the BS5 audio master and the BLGW for error handling,

Will start to add more functions and speakers soon.

The objective was to get this nice integration to work and connect it to google assistant enabling voice commands, almost there now:)

I really thank You for all help and advise

Baaz

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
55 Posts
Bronze Member

Excellent, we are making progress.

For the on/off button that works only once, can you please run the following test sequence:

turn debug logging on as explained above.

Start homeassistant

select a source

turn off

turn on

turn off

Then send me the homeassistant.log file

For the other problem it's probably because of the autodiscovery of ML addresses that sends a dummy command to the device.

Try changing lines 289 and 183 in media_player.py to

BEO4_CMDS.get("LIGHT TIMEOUT"),

and lines 137 and 223 to:

and _event.data["payload"]["command"] == "Light Timeout"

Let me know if that eliminates the problem of the speakers turning on.

Giovanni

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Giovanni,

more progress, changed media_player. py - no speakers turning on any longer.

Enclosing log from startup - there is a new warning, maybe because I don't have any light sources I don't know.

soon back with the next test.

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Here we go again,

i presume You ment on - off - on.

New log enclosed

Baaz

Abakus2007
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Just to be clear I used the default card not the mini-media-player.

Baaz

Page 4 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL