Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member
Giovanni posted on Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:36 PM

Hi there

Just to let you know that I created an integration between Masterlink Gateway and Beolink Gateway with Home Assistant with some really cool functionality to tap directly into the Masterlink bus and enable all kinds of fun integrations like controlling your digital streaming from your old school Beolink devices.

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

All Replies

Stefan E
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
99 Posts
Gold Member

WOW!!! 

This integration really opens up lot of new possibilities to interact with IP controlled products/systems via your local BEO remote as well integrate other home assistant integration with B&O such as my security alarm.

Have been searching for a long time a solution to be able to control via a BEO remote my chrome cast connected to my TV, now I think this solution will solve that issue in a elegant way.

BS3 DVB-HD, BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

Great!

Let me know how it works for you and any feedback!

stuart50_1
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi 

is this smoothing that would help with connectivity between my Beomaster /sound 5 and a new eclipse tv 

for playing sound over tv speakers 

stuart50_1
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

And how do you install it 

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

No this is for older equipment connected to a MasterLink Gateway device.

For newer equipment there is a Home Assistant integration called beoplay

https://github.com/giachello/ha-beoplay

You need Home Assistant for this to work. Home Assistant is the leading open source Home Automaton system: https://www.home-assistant.io

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

Ciao Giovanni... gran bel lavoro

Hi Giovanni great job,

if you remember I asked you for help on how to solve the problems I had with the simonkamronn plug-in and you, in addition to helping me, provided me with the frog code.
In recent months I have tried to understand how it works and consequently improve the plug-in but I only realized that I do not have the knowledge and tools necessary to do so. When I saw that you had started developing a new plug-in I immediately installed it, replacing it with simon's. I found improvements in reporting the on/off status of B&O devices and communication in general, nice thing to have also integrated the coding of the ml protocol in addition to that of the mlgw. So far I have noticed these anomalies:

a) When the source is changed, the telegram of the default source is not sent by the homeassistant. I try to explain, let's assume we have configured A.MEM as the default source (default_source: A.MEM), when we go to ask the home assistant to turn-on the B&O device this will turn on the audio master and set the source to A.MEM. When changing source (eg Radio) everything works as it should, a further change will work with all sources except the default source. In other words, once the source has been changed, there is no way to go back to A.MEM.
I tried not to configure the default source or by setting other sources including video (DTV, TV, DVD etc) but the problem remains.

b) If I ask to switch on a slave device (Beolab 2000) all the slave devices switch on (Beovision 10). Looking at the logs I seem to have noticed that home assistant sends a command to all devices.

Finally I would like to discuss the various masterlink configurations.As far as I know, an audio/video masterlink system can be composed of:

Video master (Eg Beovison 7)
Audio master (Beosound 9000)
Source center (Beosound 5 / Beomaster5)
and various Audio and Video slaves.

Slaves can also have local sources (e.g. Beovision 10 or beolink active) It would be interesting to understand if the local information on switching on and changing the source of the various slave-devices is sent on the masterlink protocol.
If this were the case we would have the possibility to know which device is on and on which source it is positioned and use this info as a trigger. What do you think about it?

Thanks

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi thank you for the feedback!

I did reproduce a) ... and will look into it on the weekend. The source updates in the component data but the UI for some reason does not sync with that

b) I could not reproduce. can you send me the exact sequence of actions and a cut and paste of the home-assistant.log file (enable debugging of the mlgw component as specified in the instructions).

Thank you

Giovanni

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

on the third comment, Local source for sub- components is interesting but I didn't handle these cases. We'd have to understand the protocol better when these are activated. Cut and past of the protocol traffic would be helpful here.

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

Ciao Giovanni

I made further tests.

When I turn on the beolab 2000 (mln 4) from homeassistant only the speacker switch-on but the interface shows on the mln 4 (beolab 2000) and the mln 3 (Beovision 10).

In this situation, if I physically switch off the beolab 2000, lovelace shows mln 3 deactivated and mln 4 active. Everything seems misaligned by 1 (mln - 1).

In fact, if I turn on mnl 3 in the interface, mnl 2 (BeoLink Converter) and mnl 3 are turned on.

Another consideration if a slave device has a double source (eg beoplay A6/Radio and AudioMaster/Radio) then the command on lovelace makes the local source play. I assume that to listen to the source from the Audio-master the command "link+source" mast be implemented.

Over the weekend I will do further tests and let you know. I am attaching an extract from the log and the configuration of the plug-in

as for the sub components, let me know how I can help you.

Thank you

Emanuele

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

mlgw.yaml file

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok so I fixed bug #1, check out the repository for the new code. Not that some times it takes a little while for the source to update.

I could not reproduce #2.

are you sure you set up the MLN configuration correctly?

Giovanni

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

I confirm that with the new code bug # 1 has been solved, but now the last source recalled becomes the default_source. This behavior would be welcome but becomes a problem with Beovision 7 / Beosystem3. When these devices are turned off, they send various telegrams that interfere with the sources, the result is that the plug-in stores a video source as the last source-default_source, even if you were listening to the Radio or a CD. The next time any device is turned on, it will recall a video source with the consequence of turning on the TV.

I was able to understand and solve bug # 2. The plug-in to operate in a bidirectional way synchronizes the mln (masterlink node number) with the identifiers of the ml devices. The synchronization is carried out in a sequential manner, combining the mln with the responses to the commands packaged ad Hoc (I ask Giovanni for confirmation of this statement), the Beolink Converter nl/ml (blc) and the netlink devices connected to it, do not respond to these commands. In my first plug-in configuration I had inserted the blc in second place (mln 2) with the consequence that the mln - command response associations were wrong. Now I have ordered all netlink devices at the end and I have used the mln: number option. Now everything works as it should.
I attach the modified and working mlgw.yaml file.
Moral of the story: If you have a beolink converter nl/ml (blc) and nl devices, always place them at the end.

I further played with the plug-in and found that local sources are not showing on home assistant. Example: if I turn on beovision 7 (video master) by recalling a local source (TV), this is not signaled on lovelace, while everything works if I recall an audio source. If a client device has a local source (eg Beolink Active PC) equal to that of an audio/video master, home assistant will call up the local one. It would be nice to implement the LINK + source function and a different source list for each device as it is done on MasterLinkGateWay.

Thanks again for the great work Giovanni is doing.

Emanuele

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Mon, Jan 11 2021 11:10 PM

Thanks for testing!

For #1, can you enable "debug" logging  and send me the log of the ml traffic with a simple interaction?  This is an interesting use case to support.

logger:

default: warning

logs:

custom_components.mlgw: debug

For #2  I get the synchro issues; that's exactly what is happening. will try to see if there is a more robust way of doing the ML<>MLN matching

Zeus_72
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member

Here I am,

I am attaching the log you requested from me, I will try to help you by describing my Bang & Olufsen system and what I did during the log.

A. This is my ML/NL configuration:

B. Below are the various commands sent to Bang & olufsen devices

18:00 With the system completely off, using the beo4 remote control, I turn on the BV7 by calling up the Radio source.

A radio station is played but lovelace first displays the Radio source and after one minute the DTV source.

18:05 Using beo4 I turn off the BV7. The whole system shuts down.

18:10 With the system completely off, through the Home Assistant Lovelace interface, I turn on the Beolab 2000, which reproduces the sound of a DTV channel.The BV7 is turned on with the screen off.

18:15 Also from the Lovelace interface I change the source to Beolab 2000, setting it to Radio.

The Beolab 2000 reproduces the sound of a Radio station but various sources alternate on the interface: Radio --- DVD and finally DTV and so it remains for all the time.

18:20 From the Lovelace interface re-set source to Beolab 2000, on Radio.

Beolab 2000 reproduces the sound of a radio station and the interface shows as source: Radio.

18:25 Using the Lovelace interface I turn off the BeoLAb 2000. The whole system shuts down.

I stay tuned ...Smile

Ancora grazie .....Ciao

Page 1 of 6 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL