Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Stage - Audio Sync issues only on some catchup-up TV apps (netflix & apple TV+ ok) on BeoSound Stage

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
ToeKneeAus posted on Mon, Dec 28 2020 9:45 AM

As a new BeoSound stage owner (attached ato a LG CX 55) - ive noticed an audio delay on a few of  the local Aus catchup TV apps (ABC iView, SBS, 7 etc) but Netflix , Apple TV+ dont seem to be affected. regular broadcast TV , DVD & 4K Blue ray are all ok 

Im using the HDMI that came with the BeoSound Stage - since its only some apps im having issue with :

1- Assume i wouldn't add a delay in the LG TV HDMI menu option as this would impact the ones that work ?

2- Is swapping to a different HDMI cable likely to make a difference ?

Has anyone had only some TV apps with audio sync issue behaviour on their BeoSound Stage - how did you fix it ? 

Its kind of sourcing my BeoSound Stage experience at the moment...

All Replies

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone else have this initial behaviour on their BeoSound Stage ? How did you manage to fix it ?

I thought that an HDMI cable (between Stage & LG CX TV)  quality wouldn’t selectively impact some apps and not others .

mb1357
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

I have a BeoSound Stage linked to a Loewe TV

i have the TV connected via HDMI Arc ( the TV does not have eArc) to the Stage. I did experiment with connecting my Apple TV box directly to the Stage to experience Atmos but when I did I had bad lip sync issues. This was resolved by connecting the Apple TV box to the TV’s HDMI input instead

mb1357
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by mb1357

Would also add that I noticed that the issue was most prevalent when playing non Atmos audio with the Apple box set to play Atmos. A workaround for me was to set the Apple box to 5.1 for general listening and then reset to Atmos if that was the appropriate source: hope some of this helps

hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
91 Posts
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Mon, Feb 8 2021 8:29 PM
I have my BS stage connected to a CX via eARC and the supplied HDMI cable. I have noticed some lip sync issues mostly with certain native apps that run on the TV (e.g Amazon Prime). Any tips on why that might be happening and any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated!
mb1357
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Some users advise running that a LAN cable from the TV to the Stage helps with Lip sync issues; worth a try 

mb1357
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
mb1357 replied on Tue, Feb 16 2021 5:07 PM

The Beosound app does allow you to adjust lip sync under Sources. Also if you are using a streaming device eg Apple TV carrying out a reset and reinstalling apps can work

mb1357
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
mb1357 replied on Tue, Feb 16 2021 5:07 PM

The Beosound app does allow you to adjust lip sync under Sources. Also if you are using a streaming device eg Apple TV carrying out a reset and reinstalling apps can work

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member

Well the problem is still around - but is quickly fixed by a LG Audio menu change - either adding / removing the bypass in the Audio options (and leaving the number high).

It is interesting that it only seems to be a few of the LG apps that cause this - the majors like Netflix / Amazon / apple / disney are all ok , ABC Iview is an example of the problem.

I did think to try to bypass the LG apps and see if the same apps on an Apple TV plugged into the LG tv had the same problem .... it does complicate the setup but i did want to get away from having to tweak menu setting when changing between apps.  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL