Programming MLGW

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

JensT
Not Ranked
35 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT posted on Wed, Dec 23 2020 12:48 PM

I need some help with programming MLGW with the BS3.

All I need to make it do is switch on/off my LG screen when powering up and down my BS3.
Ive been watching a lecture video given by John Pechiar and now know how to connect to the box and semi know how it should be set up. 
The easiest way I think would be to connect the MLGW with the screen through ethernet - does anyone know the IP port LG uses? After searching around for a while I’ve gotten many different answers..
Does anyone know what command string to use? From what I can tell, also after searching the web, the command should simply be «k a» - although I find it strange that on and off have the same command?
Any help would be much appreciated. Would very much like to get rid of that LG remote.

All Replies

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

Just in case you consider a home automation integration, I built an integration with Home Assistant, the leading open-sourche home automation, here:

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

It has an added function that it can read the actual Masterlink Traffic so it has much more functionality than just light/control commands, in fact it can basically respond to any key command in the system on any device.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL