Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

nigel123
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member
nigel123 posted on Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:44 PM
Hi

Hoping someone can help me.

I switched on my BeoSound 9000 the other day and it displayed a message “Cleaning Required”

I cleaned the two small prisms at the top and bottom of the BS and also the area between them and all of the glass door inside and out with a dry cloth.

I then proceeded to play a CD as the message disappeared however a further message appeared “CD Paused” sometimes the CD will play but it then begins to Jump and other times it remains dormant

All Replies

Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
104 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Tue, Dec 8 2020 1:48 PM

Hi, "cleaning required informs that a dust has appeared on prisms surface. If so the dust is probably on laser lens too therefore you have problem with starting playback.

nigel123
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Peter

Do you know how this can be rectified
Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,205 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:28 AM

nigel123:
Hi

Hoping someone can help me.

I switched on my BeoSound 9000 the other day and it displayed a message “Cleaning Required”

I cleaned the two small prisms at the top and bottom of the BS and also the area between them and all of the glass door inside and out with a dry cloth.

I then proceeded to play a CD as the message disappeared however a further message appeared “CD Paused” sometimes the CD will play but it then begins to Jump and other times it remains dormant

This is most likely a bad laser. If you have cleaned the glass door inside and out, and it looks very clean, then that is not the issue anymore.

All these units now suffer from bad lasers, and a MK3, unfortunately is the hardest and most expensive to fix. You can try to by VAM1250 lasers on ebay for MK3, but they will probably not work. you need to find a dealer that is lucky to have a new one in stock, and is willing to sell you one.

Late Beosound 3000/3200 laser assembly can also be bought from new, but since you only need the laser, it is also expensive. The laser in BS4 is also(at least the ones I have seen), the same type of laser.

So there are some options, but depending of your own skill, this is not something you can fix by yourself.

/Weebyx

nigel123
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks for your reply,

I need to source a B&O engineer and laser
Peter
Top 500 Contributor
Siemianowice Sl., Poland
104 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:54 AM

...but please try to clean the laser first !

nigel123
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member
I’m not sure how to do this
Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,205 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Dec 10 2020 8:47 AM

nigel123:
I’m not sure how to do this

If you get the sledge to position 6, and do not have a cd in that position, then open the lid when the sledge is in pos 6, and it is possible to see the laser head to the right under the sledge. You can very carefully clean it from that position with isopropyl alcohol(just damp, not soaked) on a cotton swap, and a dry clean swap to finish off.

Be very careful not to get the laser head caught in the swap as you pull the swap back. Small and precise movements is the key. it is normal that the head moves a bit when doing it.

The best way is to remove the glass lid, and to of sledge, but this requires some more work.

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL