Beosound Stage - airplay

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Ray1998
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Ray1998 posted on Sat, Dec 5 2020 3:26 AM

Hi Beowrolders,  I have a BS Stage and LG CX setup.  When using the YouTube app on LG for music and video I would like to also pipe the music via airplay to my BS9000 which is connected to an airport express.  Is this something that BS Stage support - to broadcast on airplay?

Thank you! 

All Replies

trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
464 Posts
Bronze Member

No, none but Apple-brand devices can transmit AirPlay.  This might change as official AppleTV apps are licensed to TV manufacturers to run on their equipment?  But for now, the only way to get YouTube audio to an AirPlay receiver would be to run the YouTube app on an AppleTV connected to the LG screen.  As of October, even that has issues for some users -- apparently the only way to make it work is to AirPlay *all* audio from the AppleTV?)

Ray1998
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Ah!  It would have been so cool!  Thank you!

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
Sun trap of the south
113 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob replied on Mon, Dec 7 2020 10:29 AM

Ray1998:

Hi Beowrolders,  I have a BS Stage and LG CX setup.  When using the YouTube app on LG for music and video I would like to also pipe the music via airplay to my BS9000 which is connected to an airport express.  Is this something that BS Stage support - to broadcast on airplay?

Thank you! 

Hi there, I believe you'd need an apple TV 4k connected to the LG and play youtube from the apple TV box. From there you can airplay the audio from the apple TV to the express (as long as it's the newer express supporting airplay 2). This will also give you the option to airplay from an ipad or iphone with the ability to select more than one airplay audio destination. Maybe the LG already acts as an airplay 2 video receiver? If so then try airplaying from an ipad to the LG and your Express.

The other more expensive option is to get a beosound core for the 9000s and 'Join' the core to whatever is playing on the stage. I believe though (but maybe wrong) the Join option from the stage doesn't lip sync as it can't control the video on the LG, so the sound will end up being delayed on all speakers due to the processing required. I don't have this setup so don't know for sure.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL