Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Today's update. After updating the software, my A9 4th gen cannot connect to wifi??

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 31 Replies | 2 Followers

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
fighteriris posted on Thu, Nov 26 2020 2:24 AM

As mentioned in title, this morning was updating the software to 1.7 something, I cannot remember the number. I managed to connect it to wifi for music, after a while, the speaker just gone, I cannot find it in the google home. I guess it is something done by google? Now, every time I tried to setup the A9 to the wifi again, it keeps failing even with a Factory reset. Anyone has such issue?? The google home is iOS version.

Thanks. 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by am77

Ok guys, 

yesterday I did another search over the settings in the NETGEAR ORBI router, 

there are 2 things I figured might be causing the issue after the update, 

1st, the 2.4GHz band channel is not ideal for BO. So switch from AUTO to 11. 

2nd, the CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347):  64. By default NETGEAR is setting this value to 64, I set to the 2347 max value. Someone suggests that this value should be somewhere around 500, but it really depends on how busy the network in your wifi. My guess is that there is some handshake package which is larger than 64 causing compatibility issue.

Now, A9 is connecting to the WIFI again, and I can set it up with Google home and use it without any issue. 

All Replies

j0615
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
j0615 replied on Thu, Nov 26 2020 5:00 AM

I had the same issue with both my beosound 1 and A9. Called customer support and they couldn’t figure out how to fix it.

j0615
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
j0615 replied on Thu, Nov 26 2020 5:00 AM

I had the same issue with both my beosound 1 and A9. Called customer support and they couldn’t figure out how to fix it.

PeterB1234
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Does it work setting it up through the WiFi setup menu on your iPhone as an airplay speaker? I know this will not solve the Google voice issue but is it in general not working on WiFi or only the Google part does not work? What network do you have? 

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member

And if not even the iOS setup as an Airplay speaker works, then does the A9 at least restart itself broadcasting its very own wireless network hotspot?  Because if you can connect your device to A9's own (temporary) network, then you can use A9's own built-in website to change its wireless settings to your "real" network manually, then reboot it, to continue.  (This is how I had to setup my BeoSound 1 fresh out of the box.)

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice.

I just tried airplay only and "an unexpected error occurred" pop out. 

So wifi is not working at all. um.......the light is flashing orange and turn into red in every in every end.. never saw such light before..

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member

fighteriris:
Wait, the timing of our respective replies was tight.  Which procedure gave that error: trying to set it up as an airplay speaker with iOS settings app, or attempting to connect to its own wireless hotspot network directly?  (My recollection of my experience is getting hazy, but I think after some period of time my BS1 stopped broadcasting its own wireless hotspot.  Even if unnecessary, I restarted it with the power button & plug to ensure it was in a state to try again.)

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

trackbeo:

fighteriris:
Wait, the timing of our respective replies was tight.  Which procedure gave that error: trying to set it up as an airplay speaker with iOS settings app, or attempting to connect to its own wireless hotspot network directly?  (My recollection of my experience is getting hazy, but I think after some period of time my BS1 stopped broadcasting its own wireless hotspot.  Even if unnecessary, I restarted it with the power button & plug to ensure it was in a state to try again.)

Sorry for the confusion. 

I tried both methods, setup via iOS is giving me the pop out error.

And I also tried your suggestion, however, the tmp network is up and down, so I just plug in a ethernet cable. 

Now, I can access the build in website, however, I cannot setup the wireless network at all. It keep searching and searching even I input the correct password. I have 2 routers and tried both, failed. From the web, it is saying that A9 is saving the changes and restarting. However, it is not restarting nor saving the network settings.... 

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member

Ugh.   No surprise that the status info isn't correct, but I can only imagine a few possibilities: If the built-in after-factory-reset wireless network keeps going up and down by itself, it could be bad software, or just bad luck that your hardware is failing at the same time you did an update, or massive Wi-Fi interference.  It sounds like you have a good handle on debugging it, so you probably don't need any help deciding which it is.  (Just in case, #1 will be obvious even with you plugged in via Ethernet cable because suddenly the webserver stops responding for a few seconds and then magically both it responds and A9's own wireless network signal comes back, but only for a while, implying some kind of reboot/crash cycle.  #3 can be told by whether or not you have other wireless devices that still communicate OK even as the A9 isn't.  (Or by taking your A9 and iOS device far away from wireless networks and microwaves and trying stand-alone.)  I expect #2; at least with a Mk.4 it's in-warranty service!  Hopefully someone who has an A9 Mk.4 (I don't) and the latest update will chime in here.)

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

trackbeo:

Ugh.   No surprise that the status info isn't correct, but I can only imagine a few possibilities: If the built-in after-factory-reset wireless network keeps going up and down by itself, it could be bad software, or just bad luck that your hardware is failing at the same time you did an update, or massive Wi-Fi interference.  It sounds like you have a good handle on debugging it, so you probably don't need any help deciding which it is.  (Just in case, #1 will be obvious even with you plugged in via Ethernet cable because suddenly the webserver stops responding for a few seconds and then magically both it responds and A9's own wireless network signal comes back, but only for a while, implying some kind of reboot/crash cycle.  #3 can be told by whether or not you have other wireless devices that still communicate OK even as the A9 isn't.  (Or by taking your A9 and iOS device far away from wireless networks and microwaves and trying stand-alone.)  I expect #2; at least with a Mk.4 it's in-warranty service!  Hopefully someone who has an A9 Mk.4 (I don't) and the latest update will chime in here.)

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I wish only the software/firmware problem causing it will not save the wifi settings correctly and reboot. It just keep trying to search WIFI network which seems to be a problem. 

NickPG
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
NickPG replied on Tue, Dec 1 2020 10:17 AM

Has anyone else found a 'fix' or a reason for this?

Turning off and then on again works but it reverts back to not being discoverable as an AirPlay2 speaker after a period of time.

In the B&O app it sometime shows and again a power-cycle fixes it.

Mine is an A9 Mk2 on software version 1.24.41627.

Beoplay A9 MkII, BeoLab 4000, BeoSound Essence MkII

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
541 Posts
Gold Member
No fix, but the last couple of days my BS1 shows as ‘not available’ in the B&O app

“The product is not available on your current network” ?

Yesterday afternoon it worked for a while, but not any longer Sad
benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
113 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Tue, Dec 1 2020 12:43 PM

I get that now on one of my BS2s. I have to keep unplugging the power waiting a few mins and turning it back on, it'll then show in the app. Only issue is after a while it reverts to the same app error message, and needs unplugging again.

fighteriris
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

So far, I tried with another router with Internet, the google home seems to setup the A9 correctly. 

The difference is this AC1200 is a single router that doesn't have a mesh network. I am not sure if that is the issue for this software update.

I did not experience the power cycling issue as I could not even use the A9. I am going to monitor that. 

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
515 Posts
Bronze Member

Interestingly I have both A9 and BS 1 with Google Wifi Mesh in my home. The updates went through fine and no issues I am aware of. The only difference is that I don't use Google Home with my speakers. I have the app, but don't use it for anything. I only use the B&O App and Apple Home/AirPlay 2. The only Google connected device I have is a Sony OLED TV that runs Android TV and I had a lot of trouble once Sony updated the software recently. Thankfully, I just use my Apple TV for all functionality on that TV.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL