rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 1 Follower

BigshotMD
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
BigshotMD posted on Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:03 AM

Dear BeoWorld,

I have been struggling with this issue for the last several months.

I currently have a Beosound Shape installed in the Jamin configuration (1X Amp, 2 speakers, 1X Beosound Core).  I also own two BeoVision Eclipses (one 65 inch and one 55 inch).

I use Apple Music with Airplay 2 and it seems that everytime I connect and start playing music to my shape, it drops out after about 20 seconds of playing.  The airplay icon in the Apple Music turns yellow and the music stops.  If I click the "play" button again, it will work normally.  I have found this to consistently occur if I haven't used my Beosound Shape after a few hours (i.e. first time after work or first thing in the morning).  This issues does not occur with any of my other B&O products connected to the same network (i.e. BeoVision Eclipses) using Airplay.

All my B&O devices are connected via ethernet to a Netgear Nighthawk switch and router (S8000 switch, RAX120 router).

I have tried without success on the following:

- Contacting B&O.  No clear answer after a few logs being sent.  They replaced my core, but the problem continues.  I'm not sure if it would be the amp, but am open to your thoughts on this.

- Multiple factory resets, no success

- Connecting via WiFi/Bluetooth, no success

It is a very annoying problem for a system I paid a premium for.  I look forward to anyone's thoughts on this.  Thanks a lot in advance.

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,510 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 5:56 PM

mbolo01:
Guy:

Now I'm confused!  So when I Airplay from my iPhone to my Apple TV, I'm not actually Airplaying?  It's lying to me!

From your iPhone to your ATV it is AirPlay

From an internet source to your iPhone OR to your ATV it is not AirPlay

Okay so you have a different understanding, but I thought Airplay was cleverer than that!

The Flatpanels article may well be incorrect (or out of date), but it quite clearly supports my understanding, and I cant find anything published from a technical (rather than 'user') perspective that refutes it.  

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,566 Posts
Bronze Member

if you want to control if your iPhone is the controller or the streamer, just do this test:

Stream/airplay an Album from your phone to the ATV. After the stream has started, switch off your phone completely. Notice what happens or the stream end after the buffer was emptied (phone=player) or the album is played to its end (phone is controller).

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,510 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 7:16 PM

Carolpa:

if you want to control if your iPhone is the controller or the streamer, just do this test:

Stream/airplay an Album from your phone to the ATV. After the stream has started, switch off your phone completely. Notice what happens or the stream end after the buffer was emptied (phone=player) or the album is played to its end (phone is controller).

Thanks - I'd considered that and even tried it.  Unfortunately it doesn't prove anything either way.  It's quite feasible that Airplay requires a continued 'controller' presence on the network, despite the content stream coming direct from the internet.  That would be a logical (and efficient) way for the system to work.

I do fully accept that my understanding may be wrong, but frustratingly I can't find anything definitive, not least because Apple are notoriously secretive about such matters!  Perhaps the Airplay 'direct streaming handoff' is only for video (as ebnrob suggested) and/or internet radio, or perhaps only when airplaying to Apple TV.  Who knows?

Anyway, I notice that the OP has yet to re-engage in this thread.  Perhaps he is put off by this diversion, in which case I apologise, and hope that he gets his issues sorted! Smile

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
I do fully accept that my understanding may be wrong, but frustratingly I can't find anything definitive,

I have uploaded this B&O document, it may help you to understand: https://forum.beoworld.org/media/p/330018.aspx

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,510 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Feb 4 2021 11:51 PM

Thanks that is useful. Perhaps it is just video that does the ‘handoff’. 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,566 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
It's quite feasible that Airplay requires a continued 'controller' presence on the network, despite the content stream coming direct from the internet.  That would be a logical (and efficient) way for the system to work.
I disagree. This would mean if you start airplaying music at home, then in all situations, it would stop sometime after you would leave your home and not on the end of the queue!

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL