rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 0 Followers

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:59 AM

BOTF BeoVision Contour | First Look | 48 inch Television

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
538 Posts
Bronze Member

Reminds me of a BV6, looks really good. just hope it does PL.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,781 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 8:05 AM

Very nice video! Contour looks great, but I´m afraid its priced too high if you look at the features you actually get. Would love to have one in my library though...

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

It dosent do PL - sorry

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

It does look stunning.! The Price starts at DKK39.999,-

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,615 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:18 PM

Video is nice, music is good.
But why is the beautiful aluminium silver version not shown completely? Only from the side but not the full Tv, why? No OK from B&O?

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
934 Posts
Gold Member

There are another 29 minutes about BeoVision Contour ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wy8pOpWJwY

Peter the biker

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
I agree it does look good. The frame looks a lot nicer in these photos.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,615 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 2:07 PM

Peter the Biker:

There are another 29 minutes about BeoVision Contour ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wy8pOpWJwY

Thanks.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
794 Posts
Gold Member

I am pleasantly surprised and happy for B&O at how many people seem to like the design of this tv but for me, it’s just more of the same. I am referring specifically to the design as the technical differences are obvious and welcome, but to those who have had BV10, BV11, BV14 and a few former models to some extent, where is the design difference? We are still looking at a screen with a speaker underneath it and a slight variation in frame trying to distinguish it, which just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Where is the evolution in design? In tech yes, for sure and maybe this is good enough for many people. For me, I want the subtle design differences that make it stand out and worth paying a premium for. Some examples that make a standard tv look a little different for me include:

BV7 - floating speaker, motorised DVD tray, the latter being design genius in my opinion

Avant - the motorised table stand, brilliant but why only on this model?

BV5/BV9 - the former being a great concept with 2 equal parts, the latter still ok and interesting

BV8 - the speaker design was different enough and I liked the manual tilt design for the stand

BeoPlay V1 - a 3D shape to it with great mounting options making it look and feel different

Then of course we have electronic curtains, B&O menu systems and B&O badge ownership. I said it in another thread, I can’t pay a B&O asking price to see an LG badge on the tv as that will be a constant reminder that I have paid a premium price for a non-premium product. It’s psychological and will always bug me.

It’s certainly not easy to come up with a new design concept these days and there’s probably only so much you can do with a tv, but I suppose that’s why I have always been drawn to the brand because they seem to make the impossible possible! Come on B&O, let’s have some of that old magic again!

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
47 Posts
Bronze Member

completely agree with you

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

My fault.! sorry.

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

thanks

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
723 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:

I am pleasantly surprised and happy for B&O at how many people seem to like the design of this tv but for me, it’s just more of the same. I am referring specifically to the design as the technical differences are obvious and welcome, but to those who have had BV10, BV11, BV14 and a few former models to some extent, where is the design difference? We are still looking at a screen with a speaker underneath it and a slight variation in frame trying to distinguish it, which just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Where is the evolution in design? In tech yes, for sure and maybe this is good enough for many people. For me, I want the subtle design differences that make it stand out and worth paying a premium for. Some examples that make a standard tv look a little different for me include:

BV7 - floating speaker, motorised DVD tray, the latter being design genius in my opinion

Avant - the motorised table stand, brilliant but why only on this model?

BV5/BV9 - the former being a great concept with 2 equal parts, the latter still ok and interesting

BV8 - the speaker design was different enough and I liked the manual tilt design for the stand

BeoPlay V1 - a 3D shape to it with great mounting options making it look and feel different

Then of course we have electronic curtains, B&O menu systems and B&O badge ownership. I said it in another thread, I can’t pay a B&O asking price to see an LG badge on the tv as that will be a constant reminder that I have paid a premium price for a non-premium product. It’s psychological and will always bug me.

It’s certainly not easy to come up with a new design concept these days and there’s probably only so much you can do with a tv, but I suppose that’s why I have always been drawn to the brand because they seem to make the impossible possible! Come on B&O, let’s have some of that old magic again!

Have you seen the Eclipse and Harmony???

The Harmony is really something else design wise and a lot of B&O magic.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 5:24 PM

The Beonic Man:

Where is the evolution in design?

Simon, simply expecting too much based on the current climate. Old customers looking back at the glory days isn't where B&O sees it's future and you either need to adapt or accept defeat.

On one hand we have people here saying the Horizon was too expensive, and then others claiming they want a 'unique design' and 'support for curtains, powerlink and so on'. You can't have both. If you did, this simple entry-level Contour would be even more expensive. And that's what this is, B&O's entry-level TV.

We're in a worldwide pandemic. Most showrooms aren't open. On top B&O has ditched it's visual department, meaning custom work has long gone (think curtains, picture processing and so on). Unless you adapt, you'll always be disappointed.

The old "magic" was in the glory days. Are you living in a different planet than I'm living in right now? Have you seen what's happening out there? Or understanding?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL