rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member
James1980 posted on Sat, Nov 14 2020 9:30 AM

Hi all

ive Been having unresolved issues with all my multiroom products now for months, very little help or advice from support and the dealer. Just noticed in the BeoTool app that all devices are showing red with beoportal not ready. 
can anyone help me with what this is, or how it can be resolved?  

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
510 Posts
Founder
Are you signed in to your Bang & Olufsen account in your B&O app?

Are all your products set up under your B&O account?
James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, all signed in correctly. Have removed and re added all my products and still getting the same across all of them. Beoportal not ready. 

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
510 Posts
Founder
I’m sorry, James. That’s what did the trick for me when I had this issue last year.

I’ve checked my products in BeoTool and it says that the portal is online, at least from the U.K.

The only other thing I can suggest is an internet issue, or your firewall blocking the port on which the portal communicates, but I don’t know which one that is.

Hopefully someone else can offer a solution.

Lawrence
laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
175 Posts
Gold Member

I was having trouble last year and couldn't figure out the problem.  I eventually put all my devices on static IP addresses with designated google DNS (8.8.8.8) and everything started working fine.  The problem was probably my firewall or my PiHole DNS filter.

Anyway, perhaps try setting a static IP address and known-good DNS?

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
175 Posts
Gold Member

James1980:

Yes, all signed in correctly. Have removed and re added all my products and still getting the same across all of them. Beoportal not ready. 

I was having trouble with BeoPortal last year and couldn't figure out the problem.  I eventually put all my devices on static IP addresses with designated google DNS (8.8.8.8) and everything started working fine.  The problem was probably my firewall or my PiHole DNS filter.

Anyway, perhaps try setting a static IP address and known-good DNS?

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you fir your reply, sadly my limited IT knowledge means it’s of little practical use to me! Is that something I should be able to do myself?  

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,842 Posts
Gold Member
I would not worry too much about « beoportal not ready status » as long as your products do the job, can be software upgraded and appeared correctly in the B&O App.

The BeoTool app has not been updated since ages and I personally have this status regularly for several of my products, not always the same, and without any impact on anything.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
175 Posts
Gold Member

It's certainly something you can do yourself if you don't mind learning a little about networking.  I know I'd have trouble teaching my 81-year-old father to do it because he has no patience with technology.  But if you don't mind learning something new, it's pretty straightforward and I'd be happy to teach you.

Can you be more specific about the troubles you're having?  Best to make sure that the problems are somehow network-related (though I suspect they are.)

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m getting regular dropouts when using tune in, sound vanishes, but the products appear to still be playing in the app. Switching to another station and back again solves it. I’m at a loss and so is the support desk. After seeing beoportal in red on the app I thought this may help if I fixed it. 
thank you so much for offering to help.  

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,842 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Nov 16 2020 10:25 AM

James1980:
I’m getting regular dropouts when using tune in

Have you tried to increase the Tunein buffer to see if it helps? (product configuration page / content / TuneIn )

Does the TuneIn issue happens on all your products? On all the radios?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello, I’ve just adjusted that, will see it it helps. Thank you. 
it happens across all products, but only when listening to BBc radio stations, all others are totally fine. All products are Ethernet connected to a central switch in the cellar, other than the M3 which has a strong WiFi connection.  

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,842 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:58 AM
James1980:

only when listening to BBc radio stations

There are many issues with BBC radios these past months. If you search the forum you may find similar cases than yours.

James1980
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Bronze Member

Only seeing issues with it not working at all, not drop random drop outs. The bigger hasn’t helped either sadly. 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,842 Posts
Gold Member

For testing purpose, can you run TuneIn on either a computer or a mobile device connected to your home network and play the same BBC radios to identify if you are having the same random drop issues?

Can you also identify your radios in this link and try them? Note you have several stream quality choices per radio.

http://fmstream.org/index.php?s=BBC&cm=0

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL