rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 2 Followers

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,202 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:41 PM

We are thrilled that BeoLab 15 & 16 has won a "Best of CES 2013", by the popular technology blog Ubergizmo.com.

Read the entire review at www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/best-of-ces-2013-ubergizmo/

All Replies

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member
As a manufacturer what do you do if sales of your core audio and video products (and by definition, current loudspeaker sales) are declining?

Bring out another set of loudspeakers!

introducing another set of loudspeakers at this point is madness, utter madness!

B&O are you listening? We need a new coordinated multi room music system NOW!
soundproof
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member

Having speakers in-wall makes perfect acoustic sense.

A lot of people consider speakers clutter and want them small and unobtrusive, ending up with inferior sound.

These speakers deliver a number of advantages in performance and convenience, and they are not overpriced, IMO.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,145 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:43 AM

Getting those speakers in a wall is going to be a major effort. Most stud partition walls are not that deep, so I wonder if they can accommodate the speakers?

It might be easier to build the wall around the speakers!

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

Getting those speakers in a wall is going to be a major effort. Most stud partition walls are not that deep, so I wonder if they can accommodate the speakers?

It might be easier to build the wall around the speakers!

Quite right Moxxey, and for that reason the number of sales will be low.

On the face of it these new speakers seem to share some components with the BeoVox2. The sales of which have totally collapsed.

Shame because I'm sure they'll sound brilliant.
valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
1,486 Posts
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:28 AM

soundproof:
A lot of people consider speakers clutter and want them small and unobtrusive, ending up with inferior sound.

I  would agree with soundproof, the room I have my Avant in could only have wall speakers. I do see a market for these.

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
563 Posts
Bronze Member

Electrified:
As a p.s., I thought you were leaving. You cried foul and slammed the door, yet you're back, continuing with your nonsense and delusions of grandeur.

Oh yes I missed posting my nonsense on the forum for the couple of days that I was gone. B&O is going through a very exciting new phase I will like to be a part of the excitement.

There might be a few things I disagree with you on the crossover at 120hz part but I won't want to engage you. You do know that almost all subwoofers out there are active right? 

As much as I am a fan of active speakers and have only bought active. I won't dismiss all passive speakers as crap. Isn't that a little harsh on the people who prefer them? 

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
563 Posts
Bronze Member

soundproof:

Having speakers in-wall makes perfect acoustic sense.

These speakers deliver a number of advantages in performance and convenience, and they are not overpriced, IMO.

Oh yes. Most speakers used for monitoring are flush mounted so the impact of cabinet resonances on sound will be reduced to the point of nill.

And the ideal baffle is one of infinite baffle which is essentially a wall. 

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL