rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 38 Replies | 3 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:40 AM

Hi all

New beta is out with a configurable widget for controlling your setup. Touch to join, Beosound Shape sound modes and other options. We no longer open the app, but send the command directly from the widget, based on your feedback this was what you were looking for. You will find the configuration here settings->widget, please let us know what other features you would like to see here. Furthermore, we have released a radio service for the Beosound Balance, you can now assign radio stations to the favorite buttons without using Google. 

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
499 Posts
Silver Member

Just curious why the Core does not have a product image when it is a current product. The A6 for instance isn't sold anymore and yet has an image.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
499 Posts
Silver Member

The App overall works well for all my products I added to the widget. I like that you can exclude some products from the widget. Overall definitely a progress.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Top 200 Contributor
432 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Nov 10 2020 6:11 AM

Took a bit to set the widget up, but when done it works perfectly. Very useful to be able to join from the iPhone!

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
153 Posts
Gold Member

The new Widget is a great step in the right direction.  I appreciate that B&O is trying to improve their app and is soliciting feedback from their fanbase and heaviest users.

Here is my feedback:

I'd like to start with agreeing with what mbolo01 said about icons using instead of text to indicate join multiroom versus settings.  That would be a huge improvement.  His proposed illustration shows B&O product names like M3, M5, BS1, but those should definitely be the product name entered in the app, as I would otherwise not know which M5 or Essence I was controlling.

For some reason the Touch to Join function is not working for me - when I touch the "join" button it flashes red but no join action happens.  I've tried with both the Moment in my office and the Essence in my kitchen as sources, trying to add the living room or master bedroom essences.  The top button of the Essence Remote does work for touch-to-join when the widget fails; the Halo in the kitchen also joins as expected with the join icon.

I would like to also to echo mbolo01's comment about the lack of "Touch to Join" functionality for the Moment.  I know the Moment is discontinued and support is minimal ( Angry ), but it shouldn't be difficult to get this function working in the widget since I can do it in the app.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,769 Posts
Gold Member

laseralex:
His proposed illustration shows B&O product names like M3, M5, BS1, but those should definitely be the product name entered in the app, as I would otherwise not know which M5 or Essence I was controlling.

Thanks for supporting my comments!

The product names shown in the image are effectively the ones I entered in the App, so it is ok for you.

FYI: I had to use short product names with no other possible meaning such kitchen or living room to ease voice controlled home automation 

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,156 Posts
Gold Member
Took me a few to figure it out but works well.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
857 Posts
Bronze Member
Will they ever incorporate volume control functionality in one place?

At present I have to leave the Core, open BL90 to change volume and the exit and go into Core. Very tiresome.
ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Wed, Nov 11 2020 4:53 AM
seethroughyou:

Will they ever incorporate volume control functionality in one place?

At present I have to leave the Core, open BL90 to change volume and the exit and go into Core. Very tiresome.

Switching from one device to another takes just 2 taps.

Tim

Tap on the device name

List of devices appears. Tap on the one required.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,769 Posts
Gold Member
I find the Widgets icons a little bit big on an iPad

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,769 Posts
Gold Member
@MrAndersen: is there still a beta program?

Production version is now:

And the latest beta:

Quite significant version difference isn’t it?

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
857 Posts
Bronze Member
Yes 2 taps when going from current track being played to the BL90 volume page. Stupid and tedious. So counter to old B&O way of doing things. Then you have reverse and tap twice to go current track. Four taps. Sort it out. B&O - Stop being lazy and make it happen. So obvious a deficit.
MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi mbolo01

This was a fix of some crashes we observed in the market. We made what we called a hotfix, with some very small fixes. For some reason the Apple review time is much longer for test flight than with a normal release. Hence, in these situations where I put them into review at the same time, the official version will be out first. You should have it by now. 

Br

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,769 Posts
Gold Member
MrAndersen:

For some reason the Apple review time is much longer for test flight than with a normal release

Got you thanks.

I’ll take this parameter into consideration when it happens next.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,769 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Dec 17 2020 11:50 AM
I would have given more space between the WiFi and the Multiroom icon, and I would have set the same tint for both

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
219 Posts
Silver Member
mbolo01:

I would have given more space between the WiFi and the Multiroom icon, and I would have set the same tint for both

I agree with you about the spacing and tint.

Further more I wonder why there are WiFi symbols on my multi room products as they are all cabled to my network?

The Bluetooth icons only shows when the product is connected - so that is ok.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL