Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 281 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

I am sure at least the aluminium frame/stand won’t need a mains lead 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,721 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:05 PM

Has any forum members purchased a Contour?

Would be nice with some first hand experience.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

andersmllr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I’ve ordered one. Said it would be delivered 2021-01-27. Will report back. As for wisa drop. Wisa is lousy in my opinion.  I’ve had a transmitter con be yes to my tv with a pair of beolab 20s and it’s been more headaches than bliss. If you want surround it’s probably possible to buy a beolab reviver , and hook that up to the 3,5 mm port on the stage and then buy and a wisa soundsend  or a transmitterr 1 that you hook up to the tv.  However. I’m guessing airplay 2 and or chrome cast will come with it’s own surround some time soon. 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,588 Posts
Gold Member

andersmllr:

If you want surround it’s probably possible to buy a ... transmitterr 1 that you hook up to the tv.  However. I’m guessing airplay 2 and or chrome cast will come with it’s own surround some time soon. 

I hadn't thought about that option with the Transmitter 1, not a bad idea.  I'm also guessing they will come out with the option of chromecasting from a TV to speakers (the other way around) eventually.  Prob why WISA has come out with the SoundSend. 

Congrats on the Contour, not too long to go for the delivery and install.  🙌 

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
andersmllr:
However. I’m guessing airplay 2 and or chrome cast will come with it’s own surround some time soon.

I’d wish the same, but have some doubts. Airplay-2 does not even yet support stereo-pairing for b&o / non-apple devices. Long way to see support for surround...

mb1357
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi how does anyone who has purchased one find it?

I am about to order one in silver with a wooden frame but most likely attach to a 6-26 stand with a specific STB adapter. 

I have no issues re the lack of functionality; the sound is more than sufficient for my needs and I love the retro design. Incidentally my Dealer advises that the panel is covered for 5 yrs by LG

andersmllr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I have mine at the Office. It looks good but I don’t like the LG user interface and I think the Beo remote even though it’s fantastic to hold/looks great has a lot to ask for when it comes to features and modern functionality. 

When buying this product, you are buying an LG tv and a good sound system witch is 40-50% of the price. Then the rest of it is the framing of the tv. I think the framing is worth the prize if that’s what you want. But remember that it is the framing you are paying top dollar for. Choosing between this and a pre owned beovision 11 or 10 46” I’d have bought the old tv any day now that I have it. 

Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I have bought a Contour and I am super happy with it. I have the Gold/Oak version👍🏼
The image and sound is amazing, and I managed to place the Apple TV in the «hole» on the back of the speaker. I have it on the wall with all cables hidden. When I turn on the tv, it goes directly to Apple TV, so I never need to see the LG UI. 

My only negative feedbacks is;

- the standbylight (can be turned off, but blinks on startup) is a blurry dot. Not a sharp dot or line.

- It didnt come with a user manual

- When you try to change color on the product in the B & O app, it turns up as Beosound Stage

/Robert 

Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I have bought a Contour and I am super happy with it. I have the Gold/Oak version👍🏼
The image and sound is amazing, and I managed to place the Apple TV in the «hole» on the back of the speaker. I have it on the wall with all cables hidden. When I turn on the tv, it goes directly to Apple TV, so I never need to see the LG UI. 

My only negative feedbacks is;

- the standbylight (can be turned off, but blinks on startup) is a blurry dot. Not a sharp dot or line.

- It didnt come with a user manual

- When you try to change color on the product in the B & O app, it turns up as Beosound Stage

/Robert 

Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Robert_A
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry for the last post. I tried to upload a picture if the contuor, but it failed🤷🏼‍♂️

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

Robert_A:

/Robert 

That is a known issue - it will surely be corrected at some point.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 19 of 19 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL