Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 281 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,226 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
designed and manufactured in Struer. 

Please, can't you tell where you got the information its is actually manufactured in Denmark?

Millemissen:
The BV Contour is at the same time an electronic product and a piece of art,

A piece of Art, Its a nice highly designed appliance, but a "piece of art"? C"mon…

Millemissen:
We are not talking about an entry level B&O product 

It is an entry level product, by the simple fact it is the "cheapest" TV in the current range, moreover because some usual features have been removed.

Millemissen:
for those who don’t want the mess of a black screen with a soundbar underneath

You mean like BV7 owner's? Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,939 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

Millemissen:
for those who don’t want the mess of a black screen with a soundbar underneath

You mean like BV7 owner's? Big Smile

You mean that clumsy thing from the previous century Big Smile

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,387 Posts
Gold Member

matador43:

Millemissen:
designed and manufactured in Struer. 

Please, can't you tell where you got the information its is actually manufactured in Denmark?

Millemissen didn't write that the tv was manufactured in Denmark - he wrote, that a massive part of it is designed and manufactured in DK.

And it is... The alu parts -such as the frame, the stand etc. - and the wood "grilles".

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

...something for those who don’t want the mess of a black screen with a soundbar underneath...

A mess like this, that costs 4.500 EUR in 65"? What a horrible sight, indeed. Big Smile

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member

(Well too bad this forum has serious issues with media.) Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,939 Posts
Bronze Member

I see no mess 

MM

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,939 Posts
Bronze Member

Surely not a primitive solution  Big Smile

But one that involves a great deal of DIY’ing etc, which is not for everyone.

Does one solution exckude the other?

Why not just accept the fact that there are costumers for the BV Contour solution.

The more choises we as costumers have, the better. 

MM 

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
638 Posts
Bronze Member

I was just referring to your generalisation of a "mess" that's supposed to be a separate combo.

Btw: zero DIYing. Just bought LG TV, STBBrackets adapters and a BV 7-40 stand separately. Stage and Beoremote One from a local B&O dealer who also assembled it all and set it up.

I like the Contour, and if I would need a 48" TV I would seriously consider it. I get that people challenge its value for money, but I personally am a fan. Also, I kind of like the manual stand. Smile

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
617 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Tue, Nov 24 2020 9:40 PM
Millemissen:

I simply failt to understand many of these argument....

Over the last years many have complained about B&O outsourcing the production to other countries and closing down a great deal of the production in Struer/Denmark - in order to save costs and to be combatable with other brands.

Now we see a Beovision (the Contour) with a massive part of the product being developed, designed and manufactured in Struer. Can it really surprice anyone that this will come at high cost - aren’t people aware of the costs for labour in Denmark?

Personally I am not surpriced that the frame, the stand, the wooden frontcovers etc would be this expensive.

If people want this sort of material and quality made in Denmark, this is what the will have to pay.

The BV Contour is at the same time an electronic product and a piece of art, a well designed (ok, there might be different views here) tv for those who prefer a complete and finished all in one solution.

We are not talking about an entry level B&O product - at least I have never heard B&O talk about the Contour this way.

They simply want to offer a complete and stunning product for those who want/need a smallish tv, that can fit into their otherweise high standart designed living space - something for those who don’t want the mess of a black screen with a soundbar underneath and/or don’t feel a need for having external speakers.

We simply should be glad that we now have yet another offer.....one more solution to choose from, when we are looking for a tv with an excellent (multiroom) sound system built-in.

MM

And I would be perfectly happy with a 55" Contour on the floor stand – without PL or WiSa – for €6.000.

I simply don't like the design of the Eclipse.

Stage on the floor stand with LG CX is a design compromise in many ways – but at least the TV is easily upgradeable and the price of Stage, the stand and BeoRemote One is very reasonable.

It's just that B&O will not be getting the €6.000 from me that I'd pay for a 55" Contour Stick out tongue

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,939 Posts
Bronze Member

AnalogPlanet:

I was just referring to your generalisation of a "mess" that's supposed to be a separate combo.

Btw: zero DIYing. Just bought LG TV, STBBrackets adapters and a BV 7-40 stand separately. Stage and Beoremote One from a local B&O dealer who also assembled it all and set it up.

I like the Contour, and if I would need a 48" TV I would seriously consider it. I get that people challenge its value for money, but I personally am a fan. Also, I kind of like the manual stand. Smile

Mentioning the ‘mess’ was a tiny point in my post.
Besides having a Stage/LG combo on the wall - like in the other picture in the same thread - don’t come as easy as your solution.

What I tried to focus on there, was the explanation for why the BV Contour has to be much more expensive than a Stage/LG-tv solution (more or less well setup).

People were complaining about the high costs - I just wanted to point at the reasons for why it has to be that more expensive.

I truly believe that there are enough people who will want to pay that price.

Personally I like the BV Contour more than a‘Stage/LG-tv-somehow-made-solution’.

But I’d never buy into any of them anyway - I am too concerned about multichannel music to have a system without the option of connecting external speakers.

However, I am well aware, that I belong to a very amall minority nowadays.

None the less, I wish any Stage/LG-tv or BV Contour owner a lot of fun with his/her choice.

MM

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
781 Posts
Bronze Member

MM... you make some excellent points and they are extremely valid I agree; specifically the cost of materials being paid for, the labour that goes with that and the build being carried out in Denmark. Of course it would be ridiculous to argue against these well made points and these are what I love about the brand and continue to desire so this is indeed positive.

I suppose I just want some ‘excitement’ from the product as so many products have given me before. For me personally, and it is only a personal opinion, I just can’t get excited about the Contour.

I am in the market for a new tv and if the Contour was priced around £3,000 I am sure I would buy it because it seems to suit that price bracket when I look at it - even with the points you make. Holistically, it just seems to fit that kind of price bracket.

The competition has caught up a lot I think and there are others TVs that have a solid build and look elegant from the front and from the back; the Sony OLEDs (panels via LG of course) being an example. The A1 series with their easel stands would look stunning in anyone’s home. Therefore an offering from B&O has to give a lot more and the Contour for me, is just a little bit more and the only ‘little bit more is the frame. Many others would say the speaker too and of course that leaves the Sony behind by a mile but for my purposes, the Sony would still be good enough as is and even if not a Stage add on is still way cheaper if even needed.

I mentioned in the other thread about the Contour that I would pay £8,000 for a TV these days and £10,000 for a good set of speakers. I’ve reflected on that somewhat since writing it but actually, I don’t think I’ll ever spend more than £5,000 on a TV again at the very most. I can’t tell you exactly why that it is but it is about getting something for your money I think, so value proposition to an extent. It’s not about affordability, which I suspect is the case for many here, so that tells us something as well doesn’t it? Some people (granted not all) want something else. There’s people who just want the B&O badge regardless of the product offering and will pay any asking price yes, but there’s just as many also that actually want the product to be worth it.

I want something unique; something that looks different; something that excites. This isn’t the Contour and it wasn’t an Eclipse either. It is the Harmony, but for £5,000 (OK, maybe £7,000 at a push) but definitely not £14,500. I just think that’s a silly amount of money to spend on a television.

Perhaps as I enter my early 50s I am just not that interested in paying these kinds of prices anymore; I want and expect (right or wrong) a lot more. I accept that it may be I am slowly moving away from the brand and the novelty maybe be fading somewhat - who knows? I find myself more and more content these days and not really that excited to like I used to be. Just a thought, Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,987 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Nov 25 2020 11:41 AM
The Beonic Man:

MM... you make some excellent points and they are extremely valid I agree; specifically the cost of materials being paid for, the labour that goes with that and the build being carried out in Denmark. Of course it would be ridiculous to argue against these well made points and these are what I love about the brand and continue to desire so this is indeed positive.

I suppose I just want some ‘excitement’ from the product as so many products have given me before. For me personally, and it is only a personal opinion, I just can’t get excited about the Contour.

I am in the market for a new tv and if the Contour was priced around £3,000 I am sure I would buy it because it seems to suit that price bracket when I look at it - even with the points you make. Holistically, it just seems to fit that kind of price bracket.

The competition has caught up a lot I think and there are others TVs that have a solid build and look elegant from the front and from the back; the Sony OLEDs (panels via LG of course) being an example. The A1 series with their easel stands would look stunning in anyone’s home. Therefore an offering from B&O has to give a lot more and the Contour for me, is just a little bit more and the only ‘little bit more is the frame. Many others would say the speaker too and of course that leaves the Sony behind by a mile but for my purposes, the Sony would still be good enough as is and even if not a Stage add on is still way cheaper if even needed.

I mentioned in the other thread about the Contour that I would pay £8,000 for a TV these days and £10,000 for a good set of speakers. I’ve reflected on that somewhat since writing it but actually, I don’t think I’ll ever spend more than £5,000 on a TV again at the very most. I can’t tell you exactly why that it is but it is about getting something for your money I think, so value proposition to an extent. It’s not about affordability, which I suspect is the case for many here, so that tells us something as well doesn’t it? Some people (granted not all) want something else. There’s people who just want the B&O badge regardless of the product offering and will pay any asking price yes, but there’s just as many also that actually want the product to be worth it.

I want something unique; something that looks different; something that excites. This isn’t the Contour and it wasn’t an Eclipse either. It is the Harmony, but for £5,000 (OK, maybe £7,000 at a push) but definitely not £14,500. I just think that’s a silly amount of money to spend on a television.

Perhaps as I enter my early 50s I am just not that interested in paying these kinds of prices anymore; I want and expect (right or wrong) a lot more. I accept that it may be I am slowly moving away from the brand and the novelty maybe be fading somewhat - who knows? I find myself more and more content these days and not really that excited to like I used to be. Just a thought, Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Indeed, though I’m slightly puzzled that you concur with MM and then go on articulate almost the exact opposite

But you are right - as a stand alone unit, it’s nice but nothing that special. And given it’s merely a CX and Stage wrapped in a frame, you’d expect a bit more for the very clear premium.

And there are other pretty nice stand alone units from other brands at 2-2.5k.

If they’d priced it closer to 4K rather than 5k (gbp), most here would have had little issue

After all the Stage was limited in its flexibility, but given how reasonable its price, most here were pretty understanding.

The Contour is limited also in its flexibility, but not priced with the same reasonable consideration.

driehoek
Not Ranked
37 Posts
Bronze Member

I have visited a dealer today to see the contour in real life. Looks really good and has a real B&O feel with the aluminium frame. I really like it.

Has anybody seen a contour in real life with the other frame color or with the wooden speaker cover?

Dealer told me that the choice for wooden back panel was made to have better aqoustics qualities for the stage built in. We did comparison and that indeed seems to be the case with the contour version having more warmth.

Sound quality and clarity seemed very convincing to me. 

Still doubting if I should exchange my V1 with beolab 3 and beolab 19 for just contour. I like the style of the contour and was impressed by sound, but I doubt it can replace setup with subwoofer as there is no connectivity with other speakers.

Any feedback from stage owner who also have beolab 3 or 19?l how it compares?

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
I saw the contour last week in real. Wow. It is a very beautiful beovision. Yes. It is a beovision. I placed an order for anthracite with oak and floor stand. I was very impressed. Via multiroom the sound will come to my bs core with beolab 18.
Page 16 of 19 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL