Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 314 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 10:46 AM

Sandyb:
Ok, that looks much nicer with the wood front.

It looks far better than the Horizon!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 10:49 AM

Fansastic:

I wonder if the frame will be sold separately so we can benefit from a discounted LG panel through bulk suppliers

Also, does this mean the Stage is getting a wood fret?

More seriously though, can I take the 'spare' Stage I have here and use it with this frame and an a panel?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 11:06 AM

mbee:

I'm surprised by its depth : as it's a Stage with a LG GX over it, I can't understand what's this big black box in the back : empty space just to hide cables?

That's the downside of a framed panel. However, I'd never put this on my wall. I'd have it on the stand, I think.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,128 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 11:11 AM
moxxey:

That's the downside of a framed panel. However, I'd never put this on my wall. I'd have it on the stand, I think.

Indeed - they seem to be giving little thought to the wall mounters amongst us!

Perhaps we’re / I’m in a minority, but given how elegant products like the GX and wallpaper series look, it’s a bit unfortunate that such solutions/ looks are not really catered for by B&O
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,078 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

More seriously though, can I take the 'spare' Stage I have here and use it with this frame and an a panel?

Yes you can!Big Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 11:43 AM

Mikipidia:
moxxey:

Yes you can!Big Smile

Lets have a Party !!!

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,059 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:06 PM

Gorgeous!! 👍🏼

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:07 PM
Pity it is a tv that makes it absolutely impossible to extend the investment with speakers or controlling external devices. The stage is really too limited.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,866 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:13 PM

moxxey:

mbee:

I'm surprised by its depth : as it's a Stage with a LG GX over it, I can't understand what's this big black box in the back : empty space just to hide cables?

Its a CX panel.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

boskonay
Not Ranked
76 Posts
Bronze Member
boskonay replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:19 PM

Correct!

I just bought a 55" GX and an Almando multiplay surround decoder (to run my lab3s and s14) and spent under 3000 and get a stunning modern (3cm thick on the wall) panel that looks beautiful and works with my existing B&O Speakers!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:49 PM

My dealer told me that the Contour does NOT use an off-the-shelf Stage.

ie. you can't buy a Contour frame and drop in an existing Stage. It used a slightly customised version. Explains the oak fret, too.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 19 2020 12:51 PM

Mikipidia:
moxxey:

Yes you can!Big Smile

No you can't. Are you just assuming or have some knowledge? My dealer says this isn't possible.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,078 Posts
Bronze Member

They take the alu edge off and slide it in the frame, same for the panel. I've seen it yesterday. if this is ''custom'' then I guess yes, but it's literally the stage with out the alu frame and nothing else is different. Even the holes for the front cover are the same, inside it also has the two lights you see on the Stage.

I asked how to built the contour and that's what I was told and also could verify by seeing it Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
303 Posts
Bronze Member

The spec says the TV has 4 HDMI input. Will the Beoremote control them? 

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
In theory you could using HDMI-CEC.
Page 11 of 21 (315 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL