Harmony installation cost

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Bronze Member
Marcello Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:51 AM

I got two quotes for a Harmony here in Switzerland, still undecided between 65 and 77 inches, to replace my BV11-55 (not trading it in, I will move it to a different room).

I'm sold on the design, but it's a shame that the walnut cover only comes with bronze finishing instead of aluminum (my BL18 for 2015 are walnut/aluminum). This is typical B&O "we choose for you" mentality. I will look at the combination in real life before deciding.

Anyway, do your dealers still charge installation costs? I understand that margins are low, but being charged more than 1000 CHF (200 cabling for attached devices + work) leaves a sour taste...

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,487
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 10:37 AM
Marcello:

I got two quotes for a Harmony here in Switzerland, still undecided between 65 and 77 inches, to replace my BV11-55 (not trading it in, I will move it to a different room).

I'm sold on the design, but it's a shame that the walnut cover only comes with bronze finishing instead of aluminum (my BL18 for 2015 are walnut/aluminum). This is typical B&O "we choose for you" mentality. I will look at the combination in real life before deciding.

Anyway, do your dealers still charge installation costs? I understand that margins are low, but being charged more than 1000 CHF (200 cabling for attached devices + work) leaves a sour taste...

It seems to be pretty easy to install it yourself. I’ve seen a few do it on YouTube even. I’d get a good friend and a few beers and enjoy the work myself. It’s more than half the fun doing the install.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

RS4346
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
RS4346 replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:17 AM

I can also agree that installing a "Harmony" is not difficult. But with 2 men strong. Look at Bang & Olufsen Global Training.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,539
Bronze Member

Just watch this ;-)

https://youtu.be/G2jS-Orimkk

MM 

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:18 PM
The installation has to be done by certified B&O installer, otherwise potential problems/issues may not be covered by warranty.
Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 111
Gold Member
Curly replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:21 PM

Is that true??

Even for a floor stand version, where the “installation” isn’t really anything other than an unboxing?

Currently: BeoSound Core, BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Bronze Member
Marcello replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:29 PM

Pat:
The installation has to be done by certified B&O installer, otherwise potential problems/issues may not be covered by warranty.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, so I think I'll ask for a discount for the installation.

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:31 PM
Yes, it’s not complicated but B&O head office has the database of the local certified installers. If you say that the install has been done with your mate and couple of beers, in case of potential fault B&O may say no to the warranty repair.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 257
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 1:20 PM
There is nothing that says you not aloud to do it yourself.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,487
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:14 PM

Pat:

That is not true. If this has changed, please include official documentation to cover that. When I bought my Beolab 50 it was "recommended" but not required. Same with Beovision, they even shipped it to me and included everything I needed to know. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,487
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:15 PM

Pat:
If you say that the install has been done with your mate and couple of beers, in case of potential fault B&O may say no to the warranty repair.

Of course the beers is for AFTER the install. Surely you dont start the day by drinking, you finish it with it! 

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Bronze Member
Marcello replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:22 PM

Michael:

Pat:

That is not true. If this has changed, please include official documentation to cover that. When I bought my Beolab 50 it was "recommended" but not required. Same with Beovision, they even shipped it to me and included everything I needed to know. 

I saw the video, and while it's probably not a terribly difficult thing to do, I don't know if I am confident enough to do it myself. The BV11-55 and its easel stand I could manage, this one I'm not so sure.

Another option is to pay directly the dealer's technician Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,539
Bronze Member

I did not do a Harmony - but a BV11-55 on easelstand is a damn heavy job.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,564
Bronze Member
CB replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:05 PM
Michael:
Of course the beers is for AFTER the install. Surely you dont start the day by drinking, you finish it with it!

Please include official documentation to cover that.

Big SmileLaughingGeeked
Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 205
Bronze Member
Marcello replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:11 PM

Millemissen:

I did not do a Harmony - but a BV11-55 on easelstand is a damn heavy job.

MM

Yes but you just have a couple of pieces to put together :) 

The real issue is to remove the weights from the easel stand when you want to move the TV :D

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 134
Founder
kawo replied on Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:18 PM

I did it on my own, the floor stand version is pretty easy, just follow as recommend by others here the training video. but changed to the wall bracket, that job is a little bit tougher... 

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:07 AM
I can see you know better than me. Nothing more to say from me Smile
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL