Beosound Balance vs. Beoplay A9

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

bwest1000
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
bwest1000 posted on Wed, Oct 28 2020 11:47 PM

What would the general consensus be in comparing these two products?  Which one seems to be less buggy?  I like the modern design of both.  I listed to a lot of varied genres, everything but nu country.  Steve at Sounds Heavenly got the Balance down pretty low on bass.  Has he done a video on the A9?  If so, I can't find it.  

All Replies

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,655 Posts
Gold Member
Harmony is a TV/beovision, are you talking about a beosound stage or balance or something else?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

bwest1000
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks!  I tried to change my original post to make sense.  I was asking about the Balance.  I dont know how I confused the word Balance with Harmony.  My bad.  Thanks for noticing and the help.  

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,536 Posts
Bronze Member
I have the A9 . Not sure what you mean by buggy? As in, in complete software? If that what you mean, it’s not buggy.

I think the A9 is the best bang-for-buck speaker they make (that i own). Mine is a Mk2. Love all the features, tap to play, tap to join etc.

I heard the Balance in store and i thought it was better than the A9, but it depends on where it’s going etc.
Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
486 Posts
Silver Member

I am planning to get a Balance to replace an M5. However, in my case I don't think I would replace my A9 with a Balance just because of where I use it in the living room. I find the A9 is very effortless even at high volumes and really good at filling a room. However, from everything I have heard the Balance is also really good and the audio quality is a notch above the BS 2. I believe the Balance is more of a BS 2 competitor vs A9. I was considering the BS 2 or Balance.

You can put the Balance on a table, but you can't do the same with the A9. The A9 looks iconic B&O (IMHO) - if that appeals to you. The BS Edge is another option but slightly more expensive.

My B&O Home: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • Beoremote X (poor man's Halo Big Smile)

bwest1000
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies.  I like the Edge, in theory.  I, however, doubt its practicality.  I don't want something on the floor like that.  I don't really want to put it too high up and perpendicular to the wall and lose its features.  I don't want to flat mount it on the wall and lose one of the drivers and limit some functionality.  It just seems, like, I don't really get the Edge.  

People seem to love their A9s.  

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
700 Posts
Bronze Member

bwest1000:

Thanks for the replies.  I like the Edge, in theory.  I, however, doubt its practicality.  I don't want something on the floor like that.  I don't really want to put it too high up and perpendicular to the wall and lose its features.  I don't want to flat mount it on the wall and lose one of the drivers and limit some functionality.  It just seems, like, I don't really get the Edge.  

People seem to love their A9s.  

I really liked the Edge when it came out as I thought it was a bit different looking. However, I do actually agree with much of what you say. It’s not that I don’t get the product but in hindsight, I don’t think B&O properly thought this through, particularly with regard to placement options. It doesn’t seem to have been a good seller and one can’t help but wonder if this is one of the reasons if not the main reason why? I also think it was a little too high; £500 cheaper would have been a more competitive price point in my opinion. It is different, but I suspect many could not accommodate this and make it work with their current home decor. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,847 Posts
Bronze Member
The Beonic Man:

I really liked the Edge when it came out as I thought it was a bit different looking. However, I do actually agree with much of what you say. It’s not that I don’t get the product but in hindsight, I don’t think B&O properly thought this through, particularly with regard to placement options. It doesn’t seem to have been a good seller and one can’t help but wonder if this is one of the reasons if not the main reason why? I also think it was a little too high; £500 cheaper would have been a more competitive price point in my opinion. It is different, but I suspect many could not accommodate this and make it work with their current home decor. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Indeed, yet another example of form before function

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL