Eclipse network question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
692 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan posted on Wed, Oct 28 2020 12:47 AM

I recently had some work done on my Eclipse, and now I notice that both the sound center and the LG screen are connected to my wifi?  Is this correct? 

I don't remember there being two Eclipse devices on my network in the past, but I can't say that there wasn't.

I'm asking because it seems like my bandwidth for the TV apps (Netflix, Youtube) is limited.  Then again, it might just be my provider...

Thanks,

Stan

All Replies

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
180 Posts
Gold Member

You need to disable the screen sharing features in the menus in order to get a good network performance. This menu is located in one of the WebOS apps at the bottom of the screen when you press the HOME key in the remote. Probably the TV settings were reset to default when the repair was made.

The LG screen and the Sound Center are both connected to the network under different IP addresses, so this is correct.

Regards,

Jean

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Do you know what same issue in the last week.

My bandwidth for Netflix and other streaming services in this TV have gone mad.

I could be watching Netflix at 4K then 260, then 480 and it changed all over the place.

Both devices appear on the network.

I don’t know it’s my provider but o have BT here today checking the line as my laptop has had some slow loading issues also.

Scary as I cannot pinpoint it.

I hope there was not an update affecting the WiFi drivers of the TV making its internet very slow.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
617 Posts
Bronze Member

LG And wifi is a very known problem,

That is one of the reason I only use the Apple TV.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,211 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:18 PM

Emil Jensen:

Not on my 2020 GX it isn't. I've not had a single one of these issues and use the built in Apple TV, Netflix and Prime apps.

Please don't label the entire TV range as problematic. Perhaps older LG TVs. The Eclipse has a 2017 panel, which means the processor is from 2017 and 4K processing and so on. I told you this is one of the many reasons I wouldn't buy an Eclipse. It's like buying a 2017 MacBook Pro for future use and then wondering why it stutters editing 4K video etc.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,142 Posts
Gold Member

Hi

Just to confirm my connection was fixed by BT today and all is working fine on the TV apps.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
692 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:19 PM

Thanks for the replies.  Here's my update.

I dropped and recreated the wifi connection and all is well.  I did not disable screen sharing because I do this once in a while.

To the other comments, I've had this TV for ~3 years, and this was the first time I've had any wifi issues (aside from it occasionally forgetting it's connection details - maybe 5 times over the 3 years) that I couldn't trace to my service provider.  Yes, I watch 4k on Netflix and Amazon. 

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
256 Posts
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Wed, Oct 28 2020 10:55 PM

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

The Eclipse has a 2017 panel, which means the processor is from 2017 and 4K processing and so on. I told you this is one of the many reasons I wouldn't buy an Eclipse. It's like buying a 2017 MacBook Pro for future use and then wondering why it stutters editing 4K video etc.

Really? The A9 processor is an upgraded OLED dedicated processor, with 4 step noise reduction versus 2 step in A7 (Eclipse/C7), HFR support, image identification and blur stabilisation.  Those are the key changes.
Have to say its funny: When Avant and Eclipse first arrived, I kept reading on this board that the BV10-65, with a picture processor from 2005 (BS3) was just as good or better than the the 4K picture and sound coming from a BeoSystem 4 based system and then even the Eclipse. Now that a TV with an extra 2 cores of graphic processing and 3 minor extra capabilities arrive, it makes the Eclipse obsolete.  Man!!!! Also, lets not forget the GX has no B&O Stand or luxury/tightly integrated sound system. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,211 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:29 AM

mawheele:

Have to say its funny: When Avant and Eclipse first arrived, I kept reading on this board that the BV10-65, with a picture processor from 2005 (BS3) was just as good or better than the the 4K picture and sound coming from a BeoSystem 4 based system and then even the Eclipse. Now that a TV with an extra 2 cores of graphic processing and 3 minor extra capabilities arrive, it makes the Eclipse obsolete.  Man!!!! Also, lets not forget the GX has no B&O Stand or luxury/tightly integrated sound system. 

You and your Eclipse. You're determined to convince yourself it's the best possible purchase you've ever made. Some of the things you say are ridiculous. In another thread you're trying to convince yourself a panel designed in 2016 is 'better' than the one in the Eclipse v2.

As I said, multiple times, if the Eclipse was more value for money, I'd have bought one. I'm not spending over £8K on a 2017 panel, when I can buy two wall-mounted GX's, 55" and 65", both with a Stage, and BeoRemote, and still have money left.

And I'd rather have my GX 65" flush and wall-mounted than taking a HUGE space in the corner of my living room. I've had motorised stands powering all kinds of B&O products from a BV7 through to the Avant and rarely ever used the thing. I perhaps turn the TV a few CMs. Never needed to turn it 90 degrees or any position where a motorised floor stand from a distance is genuinely useful. It's a gimmick for me. It's there - in all it's chromed 90's design glory - for us to show to our friends what our mega-expensive B&O TV can do from our sofa. "Hey guys, can your TV do this? This is why I spend £10K on a TV when you must think I have more money than sense!".

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,142 Posts
Gold Member

moxxey:

You and your Eclipse. You're determined to convince yourself it's the best possible purchase you've ever made.

Mine is, FACT for me at least.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,211 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:57 AM

Seanie_230:

moxxey:

You and your Eclipse. You're determined to convince yourself it's the best possible purchase you've ever made.

Mine is, FACT for me at least.

Absolutely. And I'm sure if I owned it - and paid that amount of money - I'd feel the same. But some of the above facts from certain people aren't 'facts' just because they are repeated.

I'd much rather have a wall-mounted huge TV than one on a huge stand in the corner of my room and tonne of speakers around the sitting room. Less is more.

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
85 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 1:04 PM

The problem seems to be that  many UK living rooms do not lend to a wall mount. 

Te solution for some is to mount it ( to high) on a chimney *** and it looks terribly tacky.  So, motoe stands have a place !

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
85 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 1:04 PM

The problem seems to be that  many UK living rooms do not lend to a wall mount. 

Te solution for some is to mount it ( to high) on a chimney *** and it looks terribly tacky.  So, motoe stands have a place !

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
692 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:10 PM

How about wall mounted with a B&O designed motorized bracket? 

This was the essential feature that sold me on my Eclipse as it allowed me to wall mount next to my fireplace rather than on the fireplace (or to tear out bookcases to make space on a different wall).  In this room, a TV would look terribly stupid on the fireplace because the fireplace is very tall.  A B&O designed motorized bracket means its movement is practically silent and totally integrated (turn on the TV, it swings out for comfortable viewing, turn it off, it goes back against the wall).  Moving the TV also means the speakers move into place as well.

If I had bought a non-motorized stand, the TV would normally be swung away from the wall because my family is lazy.  This would look like crap because you can see the back of the TV from many locations in the house (especially the front door/entry way), and the back of non-B&O TVs are ugly... especially with a sound bar hanging from the bracket as well.

3rd party motorized stands that I found were ugly, very expensive, noisy or required major construction to mount.  Great picture, great sound and integration with existing NL products were pluses, but the motorized stand solved a previously intractable problem of placing a large TV in this room.

But yeah, I bought it to show off the motorized bits to my friends...  To be honest, I desperately tried to talk myself out of buying this TV because it was so damn expensive (and my fears of long term panel support), but I couldn't find any other solution that wasn't crap.

Back on topic, though...  Last night, similar networking problem.  This time, I turned off the LG screen sharing app (which itself warns may cause network problems), and the problems went away.  Strange, that it wasn't a problem the last few days.  For now, I'm blaming my daughter's internet use as she wasn't home the last few days when it worked fine, but was home last night.  That is, it the combination of the screen sharing + daughter streaming + BV streaming.

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
256 Posts
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Thu, Oct 29 2020 11:29 PM

moxxey:

mawheele:

You and your Eclipse. You're determined to convince yourself it's the best possible purchase you've ever made. Some of the things you say are ridiculous. In another thread you're trying to convince yourself a panel designed in 2016 is 'better' than the one in the Eclipse v2.

As I said, multiple times, if the Eclipse was more value for money, I'd have bought one. I'm not spending over £8K on a 2017 panel, when I can buy two wall-mounted GX's, 55" and 65", both with a Stage, and BeoRemote, and still have money left.

And I'd rather have my GX 65" flush and wall-mounted than taking a HUGE space in the corner of my living room. I've had motorised stands powering all kinds of B&O products from a BV7 through to the Avant and rarely ever used the thing. I perhaps turn the TV a few CMs. Never needed to turn it 90 degrees or any position where a motorised floor stand from a distance is genuinely useful. It's a gimmick for me. It's there - in all it's chromed 90's design glory - for us to show to our friends what our mega-expensive B&O TV can do from our sofa. "Hey guys, can your TV do this? This is why I spend £10K on a TV when you must think I have more money than sense!".

I've been enjoying my Eclipse for two years thanks having jumped in right from the outset, whilst reading the utter rubbish on this site proclaiming that a Plasma 65" screen with 1080P and a visual processor dating from the mid-naughties we're still ahead of everything else B&O do. Before then proclaiming that B&O were out of the TV business, only for the Harmony to arrive moments later. Then someone jumps ship and proclaims that their GX is the best thing ever and then proceeds to tell us how we're dumb wanting the best picture, sound, integration and ownership experience.  Each to their own maybe.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL