Beomaster 8000 CPU

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Jonathan123 posted on Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:20 AM

I did a rebuild and recap on my old beomaster and i was wondering if anyone repairs or has parts for the control board... the amp works all cleaned etc... BUT BUT BUT the radio  dial shows the frequency and i can hear it skip past frequencies. I think the IC is fried bo840239s. It had issues many before  I cleaned it. intermittent front panel working etc. Still not working all contacts are checked.

It there another IC that controls the channel control

Is it a lost cause ?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Schletti82

Thank you for the reply... I need to get a schematic and test the ic points, etc, etc. There was  a disc cap that blew next to an IC so i assumed that it damaged the IC.

frequency shows on display but signal passes by channels on the output speakers like it wont lock in.

so something in the computer system is not tracking or locking in.

i wish someone could direct me to possible causes. along with the intermittent touch pad working.

They are beautiful units and i would love to get this one working correctly.

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Schletti82

Thank you for the reply... I need to get a schematic and test the ic points, etc, etc. There was  a disc cap that blew next to an IC so i assumed that it damaged the IC.

frequency shows on display but signal passes by channels on the output speakers like it wont lock in.

i wish someone could direct me to possible causes. along with the intermittent touch pad working.

All Replies

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

It is a Beomaster 8000

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,446 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

There are quite a few Beomaster 8000 restoration posts here on the Beoworld Workbench forum and on the Beolover Blog. Those will show you the scope of work typically required to restore them. They take a lot of work. The two microcomputer ICs on the Microcomputer board rarely fail unless someone damaged them. I would suspect them last regarding your problems. Faulting connections with solder joints on the board traces and cables are the most common source of problems. 

-sonavor

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Schletti82

Jonathan123
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Schletti82

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,446 Posts
Gold Member

You can read a bunch of information about various areas of the Beomaster 8000 on the Beolover Blog.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL