rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
127 Posts
Gold Member
Austin posted on Tue, Oct 20 2020 10:03 PM

Thought I would share my first B&O refurb project! Found a really affordable pair of Beolab 4000 speakers with the silver fabric grill (that looked very outdated 90s) to me. So I removed the fabric and beneath is a nice hexagon aluminum grill! So I cleaned it up and painted it matte black and put some black electrical tape on areas behind the grill so they don't show as much. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, but there you have it!

Thinking about adding a black fabric behind the grills to cover all the speakers and components. Thoughts?

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
479 Posts
Founder
Austin:

Thought I would share my first B&O refurb project! Found a really affordable pair of Beolab 4000 speakers with the silver fabric grill (that looked very outdated 90s) to me. So I removed the fabric and beneath is a nice hexagon aluminum grill! So I cleaned it up and painted it matte black and put some black electrical tape on areas behind the grill so they don't show as much. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, but there you have it!

Thinking about adding a black fabric behind the grills to cover all the speakers and components. Thoughts?

I had no idea the metal grilles themselves could look so presentable beneath the fabric. Nice industrial look; good paint job.

As you suggest, I think they’d look even better with a black cloth behind to hide the drivers, etc.
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
That looks super cool! Smile
Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
127 Posts
Gold Member
Austin replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 2:05 PM

To me, it looks way more modern. Plus, this is my first time to hear the 4000s. I own 17s and had low expectations, but wow. They do sound good! Not that far off of the 17s. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL