Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Connecting Beolab 17s to Beosound Core

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Waddington
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Waddington posted on Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:39 PM

Hello,

I currently have a Beosound Core connected by cables to a pair of Belolab 3s (via a junction box to split the feed) and can play music through Spotify connect. (Not my primary question, but I've tried to connect my Panasonic TV through an optical cable but can't get sound to come through the Beolab 3s - any tips here much appreciated)

I've just bought a pair of Beolab 17s as a present for my wife. As they're wireless I assumed that I'd be able to have them in a different room from the 3s and the Core and be able to stream Spotify to them. However, in a practice run I can't get them to connect. (I've also bought a Beolab transmitter 1 in case this helps)

I'd ideally like two rooms where we can play music through Spotify, it'd be nice to also have TV audio through one of the sets of speakers but this isn't a priority. Can anyone tell me the best way to configure this set-up and what else I need to buy?

Finally..., I'm planning on also connecting a Beolab 2 to the Beolab 3 system. To do this would I have the Core running into the Beolab 2 and then the 2 running to the pair of Beolab 3s?

Thanks for reading and any advice here will be much appreciated. I'm sure that I've left important details out so please let me know if you need / want more info.

All the best,

Alex

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,907 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your enquiry.  To get separate control of the music and volume of the Beolab 17s, you will need an extra Core to play to these speakers via the Transmitter 1.  Your TV will then link into the Core to share the speakers.

Beolab 2 can be added, but this gets more complex as you will also need 2 x Receiver 1 units in order to make this stereo subwoofer wireless.  Beolab 19 would be easier to add wirelessly if funds allow.

Please feel free to get in touch via my sponsor link below for help getting everything connected.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,716 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 10:06 AM

Assuming the OP understands that (1) with one Core, the same source will be played on all speakers, (2) that a set of speakers cannot be turned off (no zones) and (3) that Wisa/WPL transmission from one room to another is subject to perturbation.

Would this be possible? (question to Steve):

-PL Out (1) --> junction box --> BL 3s

Core --> PL In - Sub 2

-PL Out (2) --> TR1 --> BL17s

Regarding the TV sound, is it well connected to the Core Optical IN ? I have already seen people mistakenly connecting the optical source in the Core's  optical out port.

The Core "Optical In" sound settings must be configured according to the TV volume management capability.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,907 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Yes, that is certainly possible!  Please bear in mind (as you mentioned) that all speakers will always play the same music together at the same volume this way.  I can help with the cables for any connection setup if required.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL