rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Battlecat posted on Tue, Oct 20 2020 10:48 AM

Hi All, 

I am going to buy a Beovision from my neighbour (Beovision 7-40 MK3). He has it bundled with the Beolab 7.2 speaker.

I mainly listen to music, so will connect an Apple TV or an Amazon Firestick to one of the HDMI sources and play music off Spotify. 

At this point, if I hit P.Mute (Picture mute?) on the screen, will the screen turn off, but the audio continue for my internet radio / audio through the Beolab 7.2 (It's the only speaker connected, no surround or other speakers)?

Also is this a real screen off (For lower power consumption as LCD is genuinely off) or is it just setting contrast and brightness to low with the LCD back-light still on (I guess you can tell in a dark room)?

Any advise would be much appreciated, as I am primarily buying this for the audio (If infact P.Mute completely turns off the LCD). 

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
Yes.

Yes.

You can connect the speaker directly to any Beosound/Beomaster with powerlink outputs if you want to use the speaker without the tv.

I have a table mount for the speaker if you are interested. In that case send me a pm or email.
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
But to be fair, there are better options for you than a BV7 for music listening. I hope you are getting it for a very low price.
Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
243 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 12:02 PM

Hi, i tried P-MUTE on my BV7-32 and the screen goes blank but is not completely off. Interestingly the motor stand turns to the audio preset position when doing this.

I am actually using also the 7-1 speaker for audio (radio) as I have MasterLinked a BM4500 to the BV7. Good enough for my attic office :-) And the screen stays off completely.

Hope this helps.

Johan

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the response.  I just sent you a PM too.  

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi  Johan.  Thanks for your reply but I'm a bit confused.  In your first response you stated the screen goes blank with P.Mute but its not off. Is the backlight of the LCD still on in this mode?

In the next response where you have linked the BM4500 with the BV7, you state the audio works but screen is now completely off.  Again, is the backlight disabled? I was assuming they should behave the same way with any speaker attached? Thanks. 

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
243 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 7:05 AM

Hi Battlecat, what I meant to write you:

- with P-MUTE there is no image on the screen, but the LCD backlight remains on

- with the BM4500 connected through MasterLink (BV7 in option 2, BM4500 in option 0) the screen stays completely off (no LCD backlight). Have a look at the last pages in a BV7 manual for this

Hope this helps! Did not see the pm yet.

Let me know what I can help you with more.

J.

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
226 Posts
Silver Member

I find that although the picture mutes straight  away it takes about a minute before the back light actually switches off!!

Ron

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Johan and Langleyav. 

Johan - I do not have a different BeoMaster for audio - just the Beolab 7.2 (Which sadly does not have a MasterLink connection as per the manual and connects to the TV via Powerlink only). (BTW - The PM message for Leo who was selling a stand).

Is it possible for you to check what Langleyav said above? That After about 1 minute (In your case / setup - When NOT using the Beomaster for audio) the screen back-light also turns off after about 1 minute, after going blank (You probably need a dark room to see this!)? 

Thanks all for your inputs. Also my 75" LG LCD has a Powersave menu option which has a screen off option (And audio for news or video source continues to play, till I hit any button to bring the screen back on. Does something like this also exist in the BV7-40?

Edit:

Also thought of another solution, which may / may not work. Can you activate the Projector Out, which would kill the back-light and picture on the LCD, or MUST an actual (powered) projector be connected to activate this? 

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
243 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 11:07 AM

I confirm what Lagleyav writes - the screen turns off completely after a minute or so. Patience is a good thing :-). It seems you have a solution here!

(but not telling this could be the trick to justify purchasing some more B&O goodies ;-)

Good luck!

Johan

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Great news. So i think I will go ahead with this solution ($$ Whistle ). Thanks all for your inputs. No pun intended. Now just need a place to park this!

Anyone try the projector out trick as another option to see if it works as well Big Smile?

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
243 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 3:19 PM

Smile When you will choose an Apple TV for the music, you know that you can easily achieve full control with a B&O remote right? That would be quite elegant: switch on the set, choose what you want to listen to and P-MUTE the screen, all with (for example) a Beo4. Ideally there is an Apple TV PUC (peripheral unit controller) list already available in your BV7. Have fun! Would be nice to see pictures when you are done!

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Wow.  Great to know.  I'll investigate this! Thanks Johan. 

BTW.  Does the DVD drive play audio CDs? Can you check for the P.MUTE working with CDs for me as a last check!?

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
243 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 7:28 PM

Hi, good question! I tried, and yes that works perfectly Smile. I was not aware of this, but very pleased to know now too! It means I can play CDs in my home office.

I do have a question in return (probably for other members following this thread): my BV7 is MasterLinked with a BeoCenter6, can I play the sound of a CD playing in the BV7 over the speakers of the BC6? What Beo4 commands do I use?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
Try Av-dvd or av-cd.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL