rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
85 Posts
Bronze Member
355f posted on Mon, Oct 19 2020 6:06 PM

Wondered what streamer one is using   Comparisons to apple TV in terms of picture quality would e interesting

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,847 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Oct 19 2020 9:48 PM
355f:

Wondered what streamer one is using Comparisons to apple TV in terms of picture quality would e interesting

Consensus very widely seems to be that the ATV 4K is the best for image quality, especially when Dolby Vision (4K and dynamic HDR) is concerned.

That seems to apply to both Netflix and Apple bought / rented movies.

I.e. people seem to have a marginal preference for Netflix streamed via the ATV than from many TVs native Netflix apps.

But that’s just the general consensus- I don’t have an UHD TV., so I don’t have first hand experience.

Certainly very happy with my regular Apple TV 4 (not the 4K one) and my 1080P BVs.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
860 Posts
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 10:55 AM

I have both the ATV4 1080 and ATV 4K - on my TV the 1080 one is better as 4K gives a poor picture and HDR doesn't work properly - but thats on a cheap Sharp 40" 4K TV - on 1080 the picture is excellent - interested in what they are like on B&O TV's

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
860 Posts
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 10:55 AM

I have both the ATV4 1080 and ATV 4K - on my TV the 1080 one is better as 4K gives a poor picture and HDR doesn't work properly - but thats on a cheap Sharp 40" 4K TV - on 1080 the picture is excellent - interested in what they are like on B&O TV's

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
486 Posts
Silver Member

I've tried a bunch of different streamers in the past from Amazon, Roku, Shield and Chomecast and settled on Apple TV 4K - best picture and audio quality along with the best UX. Also, the recent update fixed the limitations with Netflix. My Sony TV has Android TV built in, so I can compare video/audio for same app (Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ etc) and Apple TV 4K IMHO is just better.

My B&O Home: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • Beoremote X (poor man's Halo Big Smile)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL