Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beogram 7000: No datalink, no sound, all play functions normal

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
125 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg posted on Sat, Oct 3 2020 1:50 AM

I tested my Beogram 7000 with my known good Beomaster 4500 (the Beogram 4500 works fine with it). Pressing play the tone arm moves properly and plays the record; and the cartridge is picking up sound. However, datalink is not working, and there is no sound output. I saw an earlier post where Dillen said to check the connector - could that cause both issues?

Thanks,

Gregg

All Replies

styppen
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Silver Member
Suggested by Keith

In order for datalink to work, the Beogram 7000 cable should have 7 pins in the DIN plug. Check if all 7 of them are there. 

This however does not explain why there is no sound. Where did you plug the Beogram in the Beomaster? I think 4500 does not have a RIAA preamp so any AUX, TAPE inputs should work fine.

Keith
Top 500 Contributor
Shrewsbury
134 Posts
Gold Member

You will not need a preamp, as it was built into the BeoGram 7000.

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
271 Posts
Gold Member

the inner workings of the two Beograms are 99% identical!

If the Beogram 7000 does not play a sound, it can only mean that either a cable is disconnected from the 7-pin DIN plug, or there is a fault in the turntable.

May be due to a defective mute switch or the internal RIAA preamplifier.

wilfried

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
271 Posts
Gold Member

Sorry double post!

wilfried

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,177 Posts
Bronze Member

Someone may have disabled the RIAA to enable the Beogram to work with a Phono input. I once bought a BG4500 that had the legs chopped on the power supply transistors on the pre amp. I just soldered them up again and it worked fine.

Regards Graham

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
125 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:44 PM

Thanks all for the ideas everyone. I disassembled the DIN plug, and sure enough, every connection was broken except ground. Soldered on a new plug and it is 100% functional!

-Gregg

styppen
Not Ranked
68 Posts
Silver Member

Perfect! Really happy you got it working! 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL