Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Wireless speaker advice on going from a 2.1 system to a 5.1 system.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Paul
Not Ranked
Eastbourne
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul posted on Thu, Oct 1 2020 11:06 AM

I currently run a 2.1 HIFI system with a pair of Beolab18s speakers and a Beolab19 sub both connected wireless via the beolab1 transmitter, I would like to go to a  5.1 system, What wireless centre speaker and rears could I use? In addition, once all connected can I switch between a 5.1 system to a 2.1 system?  so that when I play my vinyl, CDS or stream it will revert to 2.1?

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Oct 1 2020 7:34 PM

It's not the speakers that decide to play, but rather the device driving the speakers.  BeoVisions can do what you describe - switch to different audio profiles depending on the source.  The question is what are you using to drive the speakers?  What is the record player, cd player and streamer connected to?  The capabilities of this device will decide what the speakers will do.

Stan

Paul
Not Ranked
Eastbourne
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul replied on Fri, Oct 2 2020 11:09 AM

Thanks for that Stan,

My system is rather unorthodox and is as follows, I have a Tisbury Passive Preamplifier II which has three inputs and have connected to each a CD/Blu-ray player, Bluetooth receiver for Spotify and the phono stage for the turntable, and two configurable outputs which has my power amp and the Beolab 1 transmitter connected to it all via RCA cabling, this allows me to control the volume for the speakers on the Tisbury, and it all works fine.

I was just wondering that if t was possible to introduce a centre speaker and 2 rear satellite speakers Wirelessly without it being detrimental to my existing setup. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL